So is there any difference between the slacker backer and the regular backer pledge in term of rewards? I intended to pledge for the signed collector's edition earlier this week, but forgot about it in the end and now the campaign has ended... Thanks in advance!

IIRC, Feargus said the backer portal is going to offer the same rewards as Fig for as long as they count pledges toward stretch goals (that time frame is still TBD.) Afterward they'll probably remove some exclusives and slightly increase the price on other rewards.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So what is the sense of having a 1 month campaign, when you pledge later and get the same rewards anyway?

Can´t they just say "We need to get X money within a month, and when this happens you can continue to pledge as long as you want."

I do understand that they do allow slacker backer. It would be dump to prevent people from giving you money.

Well, crowdfunding campaigns need to have an end date or money will never be collected and developers will never be able to lock down content and know when their game is feature complete :)

In this case the slacker backer window, which is going to be limited in time, is to allow people who would have wanted to back but missed the campaign to do so. Especially in consideration of PayPal's having been made available but two hours before the end of the campaign, I think it is fair. After a while, rewards will change and their price will increase; that's to be fair to backers.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not to mention some people will want to add stuff after the initial purchase. I'm tempted of getting a Obsidian hoodie and didn't want to add to the 200 dollars I was already pledging, so there's that as well.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well, crowdfunding campaigns need to have an end date or money will never be collected and developers will never be able to lock down content and know when their game is feature complete :)

In this case the slacker backer window, which is going to be limited in time, is to allow people who would have wanted to back but missed the campaign to do so. Especially in consideration of PayPal's having been made available but two hours before the end of the campaign, I think it is fair. After a while, rewards will change and their price will increase; that's to be fair to backers.

This.  Totally this.  Speaking as someone who totally missed the first kickstarter for sheer bad timing with personal funds, I had to throw in directly to them, but still got a few bells and whistles.