Any chances to see oriental weapons like in BG2?

European 16th century weapons were the best in the world. Europeans invested hard in how to kill people better :p

Apart from katanas of course. A single katana wielding master swordsman could have won the 30 years was on his own ;)

I don't know. There were no wet, rolled up strawmats to annihilate.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank god the Japanese didn't use them during the 2nd world war then!

Ah well those katanas weren't true katanas made by a true master smith over a period of twenty-five years and quenched in the tears of virgins. If they had been using those then the war would have gone very differently.

(hopefully it's clear I am not being serious).

• Like 1

Thank god the Japanese didn't use them during the 2nd world war then!

Ah well those katanas weren't true katanas made by a true master smith over a period of twenty-five years and quenched in the tears of virgins. If they had been using those then the war would have gone very differently.

(hopefully it's clear I am not being serious).

Yeah I know you're not serious. But I see this katana VS longsword "argument" that is so popular in youtube lately ghosting your comments :p

Yeah I know you're not serious. But I see this katana VS longsword "argument" that is so popular in youtube lately ghosting your comments :p

That's what I am imitating yes, though I thought that argument was almost as old as the internet.

By the way, I should state that I don't fall down strongly on either side, I am sure they were both perfectly good weapons, it's just the katana fanboys do seem to have the lion's share of the more ridiculous comments.

Variety in weaponry is good, and if they come up with some variants that draw their inspiration from elsewhere than Medieval/Renaissance Europe and general Fantasia, that would be really nice.

I tend to be against introducing new weapon types. Except for maybe some really exotic stuff with dubious usefulness, those new variants can easily fit into the existing categories.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!