[3.04] enemies becoming weaker upon a reload?

thelee

Question

I just noticed that the first time my character entered Stalwart Village, the first Crag Ogre would have a ~ -30 accuracy adjustment. If I fail and I reload the autosave upon entering Stalwart village, the first Crag Ogre instead has a ~ -70 accuracy adjustment. Nothing else changes; I'm on Path of the Damned (no high-level scaling, I'm going in at level 8 ), but it appears that consistently enemies appear to be weaker upon that reload. It's like some difficulty scaling adjustment is being lost.

Don't know how long this issue has been around, might not be 3.04-specific. If it's been around for a while, I wonder if my earlier playthroughs have been a bit too easy?

Drop box link containing output log and two saves: one before leaving for stalwart village and one that is the autosave upon entering stalwart village: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lma6iju9g1cmj8s/AAD9S992cLJmnMwRm3OhrcJha?dl=0 (yes, I save scum my trial of iron attempts; it's how I protect myself against being screwed over by bugs, which has happened more times than I would like)

Steps to reproduce:

1. load the save game in Caed Nua

2. go to stalwart village

3. get attacked by the first Crag Ogre, observe their accuracy

4. exit to main menu and 'continue' (which will select the stalwart village autosave that got created)

5. get attacked by the first Crag Ogre, observe their significantly reduced accuracy

Anyways, I hope you guys still have sufficient dev resources for further Pillars patching. Looking forward to Tyranny, though!

Edited by thelee

Quick question on this one: I'm lvl6 so I was planning on starting the expansion very soon. Thing is, my ISP ****ed up and I'm out of Internet for about a week so, stuck in 3.04 for now.

As long as I avoid the various auto saves of the game, you guys confirm me that no difficulty drop should occur (first time playing on PotD, would like the game to remain challenging ;)), right? 

Quick question on this one: I'm lvl6 so I was planning on starting the expansion very soon. Thing is, my ISP ****ed up and I'm out of Internet for about a week so, stuck in 3.04 for now.

As long as I avoid the various auto saves of the game, you guys confirm me that no difficulty drop should occur (first time playing on PotD, would like the game to remain challenging ;)), right?

It's literally one location with a combat encounter that's not particularly difficult to begin with (on purpose I imagine). So even if you are affected by the bug, it's not a big deal.