Anyone Invest in Fig?

Chippy

I think they were just approved to allow people to buy game shares for small investors.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Go into business with Tim Schafer? I'd rather put my John Thomas in the hands of a madman with a pair of scissors!

I did have a couple of Fig Rolls with my third cup of tea this morning though, scrumptious.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What's fig?

Its the crowd sourcing platform that a bunch of the successful kickstarter devs helped get off the ground, that combines crowdsourcing and investing. So you can do standard crowd sourcing with soliciting donations in exchange for rewards, or you can invest and get a share of the profits. I think at first there was a sizeable minimum investment if you wanted shares, but they are trying to set it up so smaller investors can buy shares as well. The projects are curated by Fig, with advisors from the various kickstarter successes, in order to minimize the likelyhood of projects not delivering the product. So far it looks like its been quite successful, raising some decent sized sums.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

What's fig?

Its the crowd sourcing platform that a bunch of the successful kickstarter devs helped get off the ground, that combines crowdsourcing and investing. So you can do standard crowd sourcing with soliciting donations in exchange for rewards, or you can invest and get a share of the profits. I think at first there was a sizeable minimum investment if you wanted shares, but they are trying to set it up so smaller investors can buy shares as well. The projects are curated by Fig, with advisors from the various kickstarter successes, in order to minimize the likelyhood of projects not delivering the product. So far it looks like its been quite successful, raising some decent sized sums.

Thanks! And I assume one of the "successful kickstarter devs" is Tim Shafer, then. Who is successful in the "getting large sums of money from crowdsourcing" way rather than the actually delivering on it. Having Tim Shafer in any way in control of those (or any) finances is a red flag for me.  :huh: 

What's fig?

Thanks! And I assume one of the "successful kickstarter devs" is Tim Shafer, then. Who is successful in the "getting large sums of money from crowdsourcing" way rather than the actually delivering on it. Having Tim Shafer in any way in control of those (or any) finances is a red flag for me.  :huh:

As far as I know the Fig people don't have a lot of control over the money. They take a cut of crowd funding and a share of the profits, but otherwise the devs control the budget and keep the IP. Feargus, Tim, Brian, and such are there for advice and such on how to run the campaign, and deliver on the product. I'm sure the people involved can choose who they can get advice from.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg