Bug: Game locked by Kyra's Exorcist self-heal

mycroft3x

Question

Playing Quest mode, I pulled Skeleton Horde. Kyra's at bat. Kills it with her +2 hammer. She's just unlocked Roles, chosen Exorcist, and picked the ability to heal a random card whenever she kills undead. Options come up on screen: heal or continue. The Skeleton card appears on top of the location deck. Regardless of my choice, the interface freezes - nothing, including the settings button, responds. Have to force stop program to get back to menu, but if I try to continue I wind up right back at the heal-or-continue buttons, with the same behavior. Backed up my save and reinstalled - same action. I REALLY do not want to delete 30 levels of progress across 11 characters in quest mode. HELP.

22 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum! It might help you to search the forum before you post a "new" bug, not only might you find a solution to your problem, but you'll avoid reducing the signal to noise ratio for the Devs who are looking for stuff that needs their attention. This bug has been widely reported and the Devs know about it and it is scheduled for a fix "sometime".

The issue has been corrected and should appear in a patch soon.

Additionally, one of the devs mentioned that the fix will get players out of the current game "lock."  No need to do anything drastic yet like deleting saves or the app.  Best advice for now is simply to hold on and wait for the patch to make its way through the approval channels.

Oh for goodness sake! How long do we have to wait to get this one fixed! It's bad enough that my Quest characters are level-capped because the level cap didn't come off with AD4 and that I have to modify how I play to take into account the numerous bugs that set traps that will break the game if certain circumstances arise and that some of my Story mode characters are still missing Feats. But now my Story mode game is locked because of these <ExpletiveDeleted> bug! Sure, I could delete the game.sav and lose the progress that I've made in the scenario so far - as well as some of the sweet sweet Boons that I've worked hard to get in this scenario. But I don't want to and I shouldn't have to.

I am very, very angry at this point (as you can probably tell). For crying out loud OBS get this fixed! Get it fixed NOW

Really though, just excitedly downloaded the new patch and this is still a problem! This should be a priority, my story mode is locked until it's fixed... Very frustrating. If the goal is to get people to spend money, you'd think you'd want to present a playable product..?

Hey guys, 

The patch that fixes the bug is now live! just update the game and you'll be good to go. However, you will still need to delete your save if your story mode save is still being affected but this bug.

I've included directions how to delete your save and retain progress on the patch notes thread.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89848-patch-preview-for-1143-now-live/?p=1853780

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hey guys,

We apologies the you are unable to forfeit the issue with Kyra in Story Mode. Sometimes fixes may not always correct the issue while it is already active. To get out of that game state, you will  have to delete your save to continue. Fear not, you will not lose any progress with your characters. The good news is that cause of the bug is fixed, so you won't come across this issue with Kyra again.

Deleting a save without losing any progress:

1. Close the game
  2. Relaunch Pathfinder Adventures
  3. Tap on Story
  4. Delete the affected save
  5. Make a new party
  6. Tap on the Experience Button
  7. Reform your party

Hope that helps! Again we apologies for the inconvenience.

Workaround found by another user that doesn't require deleting your saves. 

Shirosama, on 24 Oct 2016 - 3:40 PM, said:snapback.png

Found a bit of a work around. Start a new game and take it to the preview (after the dialog). Then exit to the main menu and load your frozen game. It should load at the end of Kyra's turn. Be aware if it works the undead creature may be at the top of her deck.

• Like 2

The starting a new game workaround didn't work for me, I'm still stuck on Kyra's go with the Heal or Continue choice.

Looks like I'll have to delete my save. What will I loose if I delete the save? I have all of the characters complete through to the start of scenario 4, so really want to understand what progression I'm going to loose by deleting before I do it.

Thanks

Hey Oloch, was your game locked before the patch? If it was, then you will have to execute on the Shirosama Solution (above). If it wasn't locked before the patch (and you are on 1.1.4.3 - shown as 669 in Settings) then there's something very odd going on because I've used Kyra's self-heal multiple times since the patch, without ill effect.

When you say you can "select heal or continue" what do you mean? Are you saying you can click on them but nothing happens, or are you saying that the one you select works, but the game is frozen after the effect occurs?

I'm playing on an IPad 4 with iOS 10.0.2 and could never get around the heal bug in my story. I thought the info on one fix was to delete the game and did so, but now it seems I very lost about 2 months of progress. Any way to get my game back?

Hi Thaumaturgist. I was stuck before the patch, and the Shirosama solution wasn't working for me, with game locking back up again after letting me heal. Oddly enough it has worked today and I have used the ability since, and its fine. Really grateful to you for taking the time to respond.

Best regards

Oloch

My game is completely stuck on a normal playthrough of Angel in the Tower, episode 2-5 of the Skinsaw Murders.  Kyra has just defeated a Zombie monster at the Desecrated Vault. Her Exorcist ability has kicked in, giving me the option to Heal or Continue. Regardless of which button I select, the game halts and I cannot interact with any buttons on the screen. I can't even forfeit the game and restart the scenario. 

My account is Wortex97 #4912. Please help! The game halted 10/22/2016 at 22:21 and I have not been able to play since.

Cheers,

Wortex97

My game is completely stuck on a normal playthrough of Angel in the Tower, episode 2-5 of the Skinsaw Murders.  Kyra has just defeated a Zombie monster at the Desecrated Vault. Her Exorcist ability has kicked in, giving me the option to Heal or Continue. Regardless of which button I select, the game halts and I cannot interact with any buttons on the screen. I can't even forfeit the game and restart the scenario. 

My account is Wortex97 #4912. Please help! The game halted 10/22/2016 at 22:21 and I have not been able to play since.

Cheers,

Wortex97

Please read through this thread and find the

Cheers,

Wortex97

Please look back through this thread to find the OBS recommended workaround that I refer to as the "Shirosama Solution".