Red Dead Redemption 2

Katphood

I can't believe nobody made a real (good) wild west rpg game, by the way. Did the genre died down so much that nobody cares?

The last wild west game in years that I'd call good was Hard West, and that's basically it.

There are the 3 Call of Juarez games, then there is GUN which is pretty awesome and there was also Prey 2(sort of) but beths had to go ahead and kill that one.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

"I can't believe nobody made a real (good) wild west rpg game, by the way. Did the genre died down so much that nobody cares?"

I'd play a decent Lucky Luke arrpeegee. It's the only wild west setting that's interesting.

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I can't believe nobody made a real (good) wild west rpg game, by the way. Did the genre died down so much that nobody cares?

The last wild west game in years that I'd call good was Hard West, and that's basically it.

There are the 3 Call of Juarez games, then there is GUN which is pretty awesome and there was also Prey 2(sort of) but beths had to go ahead and kill that one.

Played Gun ages ago on PS2. Was ok. Tried the Call of Juarez games, but hardly could get into it.

In any case, none of them are roleplaying, but shooter games. Just like I said.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Tried the Call of Juarez games, but hardly could get into it.

Not an RPG, true, but have you tried Gunslinger? It's significantly different from the other Call of Juarez games (I'd say better in just about every respect, but that might be just me), and it has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZYk6Mz0GQ

Gunslinger, in all its simplicity, is probably my favorite CoJ game.  That said, I'm with Lexx, someone needs to make a wild west RPG (No, not WIld Wild West).  It can be Steampunk or Weird West to give it a bit more versatility in its story telling, but an RPG in the West needs to happen.

Tried the Call of Juarez games, but hardly could get into it.

Not an RPG, true, but have you tried Gunslinger? It's significantly different from the other Call of Juarez games (I'd say better in just about every respect, but that might be just me), and it has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZYk6Mz0GQ

Yes, I've already mentioned gunslinger. :> It was a fun game and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Maybe I should replay it again some day.

Form what I remember, New Vegas is actually the closest we ever got to a modern wild west-like RPG. :> (Fallout 1 has quite a few wild West elements too. The raiders, junktown, etc)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Forgot about Desperados:

Not an RPG but one of the better western games I used to know about. Plays a bit like Commandos.

There is also Dead Man's Hand if you guys are looking for more western themed games. Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

That trailer actually looks more like a teaser.

I'd start a replay of Red Dead Redemption right away, but the old potato ps3 console is unable to render it in higher resolution and I feel no motivation to give me that blurry and pixelated stuff anymore. Seriously, even back in the days I had to sit like right in front of the tv in order to recognize anything. For me the game never looked like on all the screenshots you can find online. It can't be just me...

About Desperados.. never finished it. At some point the game becomes really hard and you have to start cheesing around a lot. Never really played the sequels either, because they somehow ruined the game with the 3d graphics and horrible controls.

This scares me: https://www.wired.com/2016/10/red-dead-redemption-2-rockstar-future/

I'd start a replay of Red Dead Redemption right away, but the old potato ps3 console is unable to render it in higher resolution and I feel no motivation to give me that blurry and pixelated stuff anymore. Seriously, even back in the days I had to sit like right in front of the tv in order to recognize anything. For me the game never looked like on all the screenshots you can find online. It can't be just me...

Rockstar games looked always better on the 360 during the last gen. Red Dead Redemption looked noticeably sharper on the 360. Currently the game looks best when played on an Xbox One with backwards compatibility.

Edited by Katphood