Game frozen!

runslikeawelshman

Question

Playing in Quest mode. Kyra defeated a Spectre at the Treacherous Cave. She has the power that lets her heal after defeating an Undead. The prompt pops up, but choosing either option (Continue, Heal) causes the game to freeze completely. Have to shut down the app and reopen, but it goes back to the prompt with no other way around it.

iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5

The patch that fixes it will be the next patch released: 1.1.4.3. However there's no ETA, but OBS have at least posted a "patch preview" http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89848-patch-preview-for-1143/. I hope this means that it's likely to happen this week as my game is pretty much dead due to this bug and to the Quest level cap not being lifted with 1.1.4.

The patch that fixes it will be the next patch released: 1.1.4.3. However there's no ETA, but OBS have at least posted a "patch preview" http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89848-patch-preview-for-1143/. I hope this means that it's likely to happen this week as my game is pretty much dead due to this bug and to the Quest level cap not being lifted with 1.1.4.

Patch seems to be up on iOS.  I imagine google play should have it now too.

Yes, patch is up. But after installing it it didn't fix the kyra hanging problem. Didn't test the goblin fix.

Confirmed the Kyra bug is still around on iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Tried from the autosave point before making the choice, not from before the undead was encountered.

Agreed. Resumed my game at the point at which I was looking at the Continue/Heal buttons, hit Heal and... dead game. So one patch, no change.

Clearly, it's not just a bug limited to the functionality of the buttons, there's something else there. Did I hear anyone say "testing"?

Edited by mccrispy

Just throwing my hat into the "me too" ring. Seems like this has been a problem for the past two patches. Can we get some info from someone in the know as to how many more patches will be released before this very specific, game-breaking bug is fixed?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologies to everyone that is still experiencing this bug. We have indeed fixed the bug, however, those who are still affected by it should be able to forfeit the game. This seems to be true for Quest mode, but if you are in story mode, we have been seeing reports that they are unable to forfeit the game. 

To correct this issue you will have to delete your story save and reform your party with a new save. Don't worry, you won't lose any progress.

Deleting a save without losing any progress:

1. Close the game
  2. Relaunch Pathfinder Adventures
  3. Tap on Story
  4. Delete the affected save
  5. Make a new party
  6. Tap on the Experience Button
  7. Reform your party

Hope that helps! Again we apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologies to everyone that is still experiencing this bug. We have indeed fixed the bug, however, those who are still affected by it should be able to forfeit the game. This seems to be true for Quest mode, but if you are in story mode, we have been seeing reports that they are unable to forfeit the game.

My Quest Mode game is still stuck after the patch and I cannot forfeit.

Hey everyone,

To correct this issue you will have to delete your story save and reform your party with a new save. Don't worry, you won't lose any progress.

1. Close the game
  3. Tap on Story
  5. Make a new party
  7. Reform your party

nope didnt help

and i lost everything that i had done up to that point as well.

leveling, completed scenarios, gear, everything.

had to start over...

Hey everyone,

1. Close the game
  3. Tap on Story
  5. Make a new party
  7. Reform your party

nope didnt help

and i lost everything that i had done up to that point as well.

leveling, completed scenarios, gear, everything.

had to start over...

Are you sure you selected the correct party members? Do you have multiple of the same characters? Make sure to check their levels.

There appears to be an alternative way to get the game to fix itself if you are experiencing this in Story Mode

Found a bit of a work around. Start a new game and take it to the preview (after the dialog). Then exit to the main menu and load your frozen game. It should load at the end of Kyra's turn. Be aware if it works the undead creature may be at the top of her deck.

Hey runslikeawelshman,

Please uninstall and reinstall the game. That will remove your quest mode data that is stored on your device. All of the other data is stored in the cloud, so don't worry about losing any of your characters or purchases.

Thanks, that did it! I did lose some data - I had previously completed all scenarios in Story mode on all 3 difficulties but now only the normal difficulty boxes are checked - but that just gives me something to work on until the Quest mode level cap is raised or the next deck is released. Cheers!

don't worry about the Party-level progress being lost because it hasn't really been lost. If you put a party together and jump into the Story, you should see that  all your previously completed legendary scenarios are completed at Heroic (you can always repeat at Legendary, that's intentional). You can prove that you've completed the AP at legendary by checking the Reward for Legendary (down at the bottom of hte Scenario panel), check your Gallery to see if you have the item, if you have then you must have completed on Legendary.

tl;dr you haven't lost progress, the UI is just terrible at tracking completion