Inspire draws the exact same cards?

Tiltowait

Question

Seelah Inspire.

First four uses all draw weapons, then her Cure Spell.

Had other healer cast Cure twice (because 1d4+1 = 2 each time).

4 more uses of inspire needed because no weapon.

Again draw the same weapons and cure.

I can accept that. But what I find amazing is that not only was it the same cards lost it was the exact same sequence. Could we have the card randomizer looked at?

Cannot retry because all checks to recharge Cure (3d12+2, 3d8+2) failed.

Edited by Tiltowait

7 answers to this question

I'm deeply suspicious of the whole randomiser, not just the card randomiser (where an undefeated Bane shuffled into the deck is more often the first card drawn after the shuffling) but the dice too (I had a Heroic-level game where Seoni only ever rolled a 1 on a D4 "for" me, and 4 "against" me - it was freaky, but that's not the only example; I *expect* dice to roll below average dice on Heroic or Legendary levels)

There is definatelly something wrong with RNG in this game and nothing show it better then Quest mode set up. Specifically it's location choosing where it's possible to have 5 out of 8 locations show up in 10+ consecutive games. And I actually had 4 consecutive games choosing exact same 8 locations...

In quest mode there seems to be more like 2-5 different settings, so it means because there is so few posibilities, you see most of them too Many times. It is not rnd problem, it is a problem of having too few posibilities in the Beginning...

So not all locations Are in the pool all the time only some of them.

Think that you try to draw 1 random Number from 3 posibilities... you see same Numbers guite often.

We just don't know the location or hensman, or the villain pool...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

My personal hope is that dev will develop new locations to the location pool for the quest mode to allow greater variance. But I am sure that this kind of hope is not very high on the todo list. But it would definitely improve the user experience, if there would be more variation to the locations (and boons and banes).

I don't think there is a need for new locations created specifically for Quest mode... simply allowing game to trully select them at random (as opposed to from a fixed set!) would be enough.

But RNG does have a problem... I can't think of how many times a bane I just evaded with Meri ended up on top. I encountered Ghost three times in a row at General Store when there was 7 or 8 cards in the deck and I had to evade him each time since I didn't have a magic weapon in hand...