That's a pretty solid explanation of the difference between Sith Lord and THE Sith Lord. True they can be somewhat strangely named, but I think they are appropriate. Same goes for the Jedi Master, isn't there truly only one Jedi Master? Apparently there are lots in actuality.

I must admit, the "Sith Lord" class does confuse me a bit.  Aren't ALL Sith wanting to be the "Lord of the Sith"?  I think that's just a bad name for a prestige class, personally, but that's just me.

And also agreed that Sion seems a bit too...erm...flashy for an assassin.  How can one sneak up on one's prey when the smell of putrid decay surrounds one?

Assassins are supposed to be stealthy, right? What, precisely, is stealthy about someone who has a rotting carcass you can smell from half a mile away?  :huh:

You were a bit late with that point, Adria already said that. post-1139-1093285049.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I must admit, the "Sith Lord" class does confuse me a bit.  Aren't ALL Sith wanting to be the "Lord of the Sith"?  I think that's just a bad name for a prestige class, personally, but that's just me.

And also agreed that Sion seems a bit too...erm...flashy for an assassin.  How can one sneak up on one's prey when the smell of putrid decay surrounds one?

Assassins are supposed to be stealthy, right? What, precisely, is stealthy about someone who has a rotting carcass you can smell from half a mile away?  :blink:

You were a bit late with that point, Adria already said that. post-1139-1093285049.gif

Good point! ;) .........edits before anyone notices how foolish he looks :p

I was talkin about the referance to the smell.

Edit: sorry i saw it.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I was talkin about the referance to the smell.

Edit: sorry i saw it.

bah ;) shhhhhh :ph34r: :D :blink: :D

post-1139-1093285635.gif

Quoting Darth Sun Tzu, because I've no idea how you actually do it:

You were a bit late with that point, Adria already said that.

*blush* I feel like Gottfried Wilhelm inventing Calculus two seconds after Newton.

*goes off to drown himself in a pool of holy water and raspberry sauce*

An assassin is someone who is paid to kill people.  They usually utilize stealth because it's illegal to murder people.  If Darth Scion is paid to kill people, I guess that makes him an assassin in a sense.

a 'Darth-something' being paid to kill people sounds quite improbable. I think Sion's farthest association with being an assassin can be that he's the master of some very powerful assassin-apprentices.

I can't say that I find the conjecture as to every major Sith Lord being the head of a Sith prestige class appealing at all. First of all it's a very simple association; and assuming that the Sith Lords won't be acting collectively, having fighting armies of different areas of Sith expertise adds a very banal theme into the story. Why would 'Lords' gang up to fight the guild of Marauders who in turn don't like the Assassins-Association? If a 'reason' for that isn't provided in the story, then it will be off-putting --and what could be the reason? Besides, a Sith 'Lord' would be expected to have diverse powers under his command; going only with assasins or Marauders is like entering war with only one type of soldier: Armies of Horsemen only fighting against armies of only Archers --rather boring and odd. A Sith faction consisting only of 'Lords' is absurd to begin with. I believe many Sith that have become powerful in distinct prestige classes will be found serving under each Lord.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

An assassin is someone who is paid to kill people.  They usually utilize stealth because it's illegal to murder people.  If Darth Scion is paid to kill people, I guess that makes him an assassin in a sense.

a 'Darth-something' being paid to kill people sounds quite improbable. I think Sion's farthest association with being an assassin can be that he's the master of some very powerful assassin-apprentices.

I can't say that I find the conjecture as to every major Sith Lord being the head of a Sith prestige class appealing at all. First of all it's a very simple association; and assuming that the Sith Lords won't be acting collectively, having fighting armies of different areas of Sith expertise adds a very banal theme into the story. Why would 'Lords' gang up to fight the guild of Marauders who in turn don't like the Assassins-Association? If a 'reason' for that isn't provided in the story, then it will be off-putting --and what could be the reason? Besides, a Sith 'Lord' would be expected to have diverse powers under his command; going only with assasins or Marauders is like entering war with only one type of soldier: Armies of Horsemen only fighting against armies of only Archers --rather boring and odd. A Sith faction consisting only of 'Lords' is absurd to begin with. I believe many Sith that have become powerful in distinct prestige classes will be found serving under each Lord.

At last the voice of sensibleness to put us back on the right track ;)

Well the Lords could have come from any class; all I'm saying is that the idea that 'each Lord will be the commander of one class' is very uninterestinng.

As is this topic. post-1139-1093329673.gif

The preview said that he led a sect of Sith Assassins, not that he was one.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!