[Bug] "You are not logged in"

Polarthief

Question

I recently downloaded the app, and while it's a tad buggy/laggy, it's still really fun and awesome!

That said though, to earn gold, you have to be "logged in", and while I've clicked on my google account 10,000 times, it refuses to keep me logged in. Every time I try, it simply doesn't work, and this problem has also happened to my friend as well.

Having this exact same issue on a Galaxy Tab S. Just downloaded the game for the 1st time cause I bought the humble E3 bundle and I can;t seem to link it to my Google play games

Hey Klayan, welcome to the forums. Did you try all the options here on this thread? 

I thought I had, but doing them all at once a 2nd time just worked for me.. Cleared the cache on Play Games, and Pathfinder, Sync was enable but I manually synced google anyways cause it didn't work the 1st time when I just enabled it, and then launched it from google play and this time I got successfully logged in.. Yay. Will have to see if it keeps working, but for now at least my problem is solved. Did each thing separately and it didn;t work, but after manually syncing Google account it seemed to. 

• Like 2

What happens when you run the Google "Play Games" application? (Is the right account selected?)

Does Pathfinder Adventures act any differently if you launch it from Play Games with the right account selected?

What happens when you run the Google "Play Games" application? (Is the right account selected?)

Does Pathfinder Adventures act any differently if you launch it from Play Games with the right account selected?

I never tried opening it from the Play Store, so I don't know. I'll try that now...

... just tried and it didn't seem to act any differently than usual.

Hey  Polartheif,

Can you take and upload a screenshot of the main screen so I can see whats going on?

Thanks!

Img 1: http://i.imgur.com/fRb5Apt.jpg (Base main menu)

Img 2: http://i.imgur.com/VaPfMqW.jpg (This is after it already asked me for my account, it still failed, so I clicked "Link Social Gaming Account". Same prompt, correct account, and it leads to Img 3)

Img 3: http://i.imgur.com/cRXWXB1.jpg (No matter how I try to "login", I keep getting this popping up)

Didn't want to upload the actual pics here because they're pretty big for a forum chat.

Edited by Polarthief

Ok, so it really seems to try to connect to you play account... So far so good. But it does not seem to get contact with the game server... How strictly secures your network is? In PC I would Expect firewall settings but in tablet... Harder to say.

What device are you using Polar?

Addendum: Also, when you said you opened it from the store, did you also try opening it from Play Games, not to be mistaken for the Play Store. 

Using a Samsung Galaxy S4, using mobile so I doubt the network would be that secure or anything.

I actually didn't because I don't think I have Play Games. Let me try that...

Edit: Yeah I've never even noticed that app. Never needed to go through it, heh. Anyways, it didn't work either :(

Edited by Polarthief

Try to close that play app. And restart it and log in in it and then try to start the pathfinder app...

This play Center game Center thing should be in some video or something... I personally did shut it down and was really wondering why this pathfinder app does not work. And only thing was to restart and logging in that app... I only have it active because of this game, otherwice it would remain silent and not active...

Yeah, thats odd. I am also using a Samsung Galaxy S4 (though its not officially supported) and I had no problems what so ever. Do you have any other Google accounts on your phone? Try removing your PolarTheif ID and then readding it to see if that does anything. 

Make sure the game is not running in the background when you are doing all of these options. 

Try to close that play app. And restart it and log in in it and then try to start the pathfinder app...

This play Center game Center thing should be in some video or something... I personally did shut it down and was really wondering why this pathfinder app does not work. And only thing was to restart and logging in that app... I only have it active because of this game, otherwice it would remain silent and not active...

I'll try that and see if it works.

Yeah, thats odd. I am also using a Samsung Galaxy S4 (though its not officially supported) and I had no problems what so ever. Do you have any other Google accounts on your phone? Try removing your PolarTheif ID and then readding it to see if that does anything. 

Make sure the game is not running in the background when you are doing all of these options. 

I think so? I'm not huge on google accounts but I have one for YouTube and another that's for a separate YouTube account, but mostly for phone stuff. That's the one it's attached to (I also just made that Polarthief ID for this game as I was never asked for it prior).

Edit: Phone was completely shut down. It's loading up now; will update when I got Pathfinder open.

Edit: @Hannibal: Didn't work. @Aarik: Not sure how to disconnect the Polarthief ID btw...

Edited by Polarthief

Same problem here. After I downloaded the game it initially worked fine, but a couple of weeks ago it started refusing to log me in. Gutted because I was really enjoying the game.

Like with Polarthief, it appears to begin to log me in. It asks me which account I want to use (I only have one on my device) - then my Play Games icon appears, but then it just refuses to complete the login. Tried clearing the cache, checking sync settings, launching from Play Games but no luck. Only thing I've not tried is a re-install, as I was concerned I'd lose my progress. I was hoping the latest fix would put it right but problem still exists. 

Playing on a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F Android 5.0.1. 

Edited by Gwendel

Only thing I've not tried is a re-install, as I was concerned I'd lose my progress. I was hoping the latest fix would put it right but problem still exists. 

I personally don't mind redoing the first story mission since I didn't get any gold from any of the 3, but I'd just like the option to unlock more content.

The game is great! A bit buggy/slow at times and text on cards is pretty small, but it's still really well made; I want to play it so bad but I can't without gold :(

Only thing I've not tried is a re-install, as I was concerned I'd lose my progress. I was hoping the latest fix would put it right but problem still exists. 

I personally don't mind redoing the first story mission since I didn't get any gold from any of the 3, but I'd just like the option to unlock more content.

The game is great! A bit buggy/slow at times and text on cards is pretty small, but it's still really well made; I want to play it so bad but I can't without gold :(

I don't really mind starting again, I just wanted to know if it would work before I tried it, so I was hoping maybe devs or someone who had the same issue could tell me either way. But it seems a bit of a mystery. Maybe I'll give it a shot, since I can't unlock any further content anyway.

I don't really mind starting again, I just wanted to know if it would work before I tried it, so I was hoping maybe devs or someone who had the same issue could tell me either way. But it seems a bit of a mystery. Maybe I'll give it a shot, since I can't unlock any further content anyway.

Yeah I've just been lazy myself. Not really doing much atm, worth a shot if you want me to try it first :p

Edit: Reinstalling did nothing but remove my progress.

Edited by Polarthief

Yeah I've just been lazy myself. Not really doing much atm, worth a shot if you want me to try it first :p

Edit: Reinstalling did nothing but remove my progress.

Ouch, sorry feel bad I didn't try it first, decided to plug my tablet in for a charge instead ready for an evening gaming.....pathfinder or no.. ;(

Update: So I downloaded an emulator: http://en.bignox.com/ and it worked instantly! My friend said if I used the emulator, it would connect to my account and then my phone would start working!

... unfortunately, while the Emulator connects easily, my phone is still in the same problem. Oh well, at least I can play-and-progress finally, but I would like to get this working on my phone too :(

Edited by Polarthief