Bug: Goblin Warchanter OP

Archangelrey

Question

Hi,

I played through 3rd exp and noticed that Goblin Warchanter is OP. The game won't allow a wisdom roll before acting so weapons and spells are automatic lock. The only time that a roll is allow is when another player member tries to help.  But another glitch a occurs even if the wisdom roll succeed the game will automatic lock items that can be use recharge even ought Goblin Warchanter has been defeated.

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

9 answers to this question

It's not an automatic lock.

The magical chains blocking your card don't actually stop you from using it - click the card and it should offer you the wisdom roll.

I will admit the UI confused me at first too - but you can click the card to try and use it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I ran onto this on another card that prevents you from playing cards if you don't pass a check.  This was part of the revisions they put in for Goblin warchanter.

There's still the argument about whether or not the warchanter should lock others who want to help, or just the encounterer, but that's a separate discussion.  You should be able to try and play the locked cards, and then get your chance.

I think the Chain icon ALWAYS means lock you can get around.  If the card is unplayable ever, then there's an icon that looks like a closed lock (locked, as opposed to chained).  You get that on un-reducible damage, your shield cards and armor have a locked icon.

There's still the argument about whether or not the warchanter should lock others who want to help, or just the encounterer, but that's a separate discussion. 

There isn't. It is intended to lock other than the active character. The best Obsidian can do is to clarify its wording to 'if a character tries to play...." or somesuch.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

There's still the argument about whether or not the warchanter should lock others who want to help, or just the encounterer, but that's a separate discussion. 

There isn't. It is intended to lock other than the active character. The best Obsidian can do is to clarify its wording to 'if a character tries to play...." or somesuch.

Yes, they need to change the card to reflect this expanded behavior, otherwise it will always be inconsistent with every other card that is phrased that way.  Goblin Pyro, for example, should then do 1 damage if you play a weapon or spell to help, or a blessing.

The magical chains blocking your card don't actually stop you from using it - click the card and it should offer you the wisdom roll.

I will admit the UI confused me at first too - but you can click the card to try and use it.

I also was very confused by this UI at first. I see what they are trying to do, but it isn't obvious the way it is represented.

I also was very confused by this UI at first. I see what they are trying to do, but it isn't obvious the way it is represented.

Yeah. One of the devs teased "new graphics around warchanter" so I was EXPECTING something new, and therefore was in "probe mode" if you will, and spent time assuming that things were working and I needed to puzzle them out.  However, somebody who wasn't primed that way would find it very confusing.

Tutorial tooltips for first time encountering mechanisms are great for this.

Yes, they need to change the card to reflect this expanded behavior, otherwise it will always be inconsistent with every other card that is phrased that way.  Goblin Pyro, for example, should then do 1 damage if you play a weapon or spell to help, or a blessing.

To be clear, the difference between Goblin Warchanter and Goblin Pyro is because of the rules, not the wording on the cards. The rules say that is a power prevents "you" from doing something, it applies to anyone that wants to do that. Otherwise, "you" applies to the character encountering a card. Goblin Warchanter is about preventing "you" from doing something, so it applies to anyone who wants to do that. Goblin Pyro is simply dealing Fire damage to "you" so it only applies to the character encountering the card.

I'm not saying it couldn't be clearer on the card, just that it the rules are what makes them different.

• Like 1