Confused about card limits...

So before the new patch, there are some cards which only be contained one or two card in game and be distributed to many character seemed problematic.

(e.g., Three characters have Father Zantus which is only one card in the game, or Three characters have Haste card which is only two card in the game)

This is gonna happen when you have different parties and progress their game seperately.

So when there are two characters who have Haste each, even it is normal to presume that you will not encounter any more Haste card in the game, but you will.

Okay, so this is normal game mechanic. Maximum limit doesn't count.

but this doesn't happen when you encounter Loot cards. Maximum limit is still applied on Loot cards.

and how about the treasure cards? I have been keeping the number of treasure cards to maximum of two, but if maximum limits is meaningless,

then only treasure cards I should have is one for each? (Even I have only one Frost Axe +1 in my valut, still my eleven characters can have one each? So I should salvage all cards to maximum of one?)

Actually, treasure cards are erased if you try to merge parties with copies of them, so yeh, treasure cards respect card limits.

Loot cards are confusing... some do, some don´t. I have a Kyra with 2 Impaler of Thorns, and my Valeros has a third one. But I could only have one light armor (the green one, can´t remember the name)

And normal cards... I think you can only encounter more of them if you create a new party. Wich means that, if you are playing with two hastes in your mague deck, you SHOULDN´T be able to find anyone in location decks.

But I got as a reward from clearing a Shock longbow, when I already had one (wich breaks the limit), so I can´t really tell :/

Yeh, quest mode lets you access cards that are not out for story yet, but so far, I haven´t experienced any limit breaking without forcing it myself (get a mague with two hastes out, farm two hastes, get both of them together in the same party). Could be my luck, though

• 2 weeks later...

When a scenario is built, it takes from the cards available in the Vault. Cards available from the vault include everything from all deck tiers minus cards that the characters in the party owns. If you have two Lightning Bolt spell cards and there are only two in the vault, there is no chance of finding one in the scenario. If you have one party continuously playing through the game and don't mix in match characters with another party, you generally won't exceed this limit.

There are two ways to exceed this limit.

1. Combine characters from different parties into one. This the only way you would see multiple characters with an Impaler of Thorns loot card for example. We mostly allow this without limit. You will see in Deck 4 a card that works a little differently called the Emerald Codex. You will only be able to have one full strength version per party.
  2. When we award loot cards to a party, we delegate which character gets each loot card. We also grant specific other cards to the characters who didn't get loot. We don't look at the vault limitations when granting these cards. So it's possible that Seoni could end up with three Lightning Bolts because of that.
  • Like 1

When a scenario is built, it takes from the cards available in the Vault. Cards available from the vault include everything from all deck tiers minus cards that the characters in the party owns. If you have two Lightning Bolt spell cards and there are only two in the vault, there is no chance of finding one in the scenario. If you have one party continuously playing through the game and don't mix in match characters with another party, you generally won't exceed this limit.

There are two ways to exceed this limit.

1. Combine characters from different parties into one. This the only way you would see multiple characters with an Impaler of Thorns loot card for example. We mostly allow this without limit. You will see in Deck 4 a card that works a little differently called the Emerald Codex. You will only be able to have one full strength version per party.
  2. When we award loot cards to a party, we delegate which character gets each loot card. We also grant specific other cards to the characters who didn't get loot. We don't look at the vault limitations when granting these cards. So it's possible that Seoni could end up with three Lightning Bolts because of that.

1. SPOILERS!!!! YAY!

2. That explains why I have +1 Staff of minor healing!

1. When we award loot cards to a party, we delegate which character gets each loot card. We also grant specific other cards to the characters who didn't get loot. We don't look at the vault limitations when granting these cards. So it's possible that Seoni could end up with three Lightning Bolts because of that.

Huh... So this explains how my Amiri ended up with 2 Hide Armors of Fire Resistance. HOWEVER, she did so on completion of scenario 2-5 with 4 characters. 2-5 grants 4 Loot cards - two of my characters got 1 Loot each, while Lem got 2 Loots and Amiri - a bonus Fire Hide.

Nathan, could you shed some light behind this behavior and is it expected? Why would one character get several Loots, while another gets bonus card? (In my experience Lem ALWAYS gets the Loot, for some reason)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Another odd thing I noticed; I started a game with some characters who had various treasure chest cards. I continued the game, but with my daughter's gamecentre login by accident (I have to play on her iPad because the game crashes so often on my older iPad2 that I can't progress anywhere). I still had the cards, but when I won the scenario and when to rebuilt the decks, the treasure chest cards had all disappeared! Fortunately, I worked out what was going on before finishing the deck rebuild, closed the game, logged into my gamecentre account, and when I continued the cards were back, thankfully.

All of which is sensible behaviour to me, just potentially a bit of a trap so something to look out for.