No - those don't work with any DoT effect. Only plain, direct damage. THis includes damage from Chill Fog, Sacred Immolation, Malignant Cloud and so on - since that's not DoT but comes in "pulses" of direct damage.

Summoning? Depends what you want to do. Ogres are really great for blocking: big feet and lots of endurance. Against monsters with AoE (fire) damage a drake is great (most endurace of all summons, lots of fire DR). The Swamp Spore is surely great on the backrow to confuse an domnate foes - but it takes forever to summon it and the fight is over most of the time by then. The Phantom can be summonued very quickly but at higher levels it just dies instantly. But you can use it to cast Ectopsychic Echo on it. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

the best summon? By far the weapons - they have many immunities and have special attacks, they have good DR too. (ok, they are lvl 16 - so very lategame^^)

Ogres are good vs hard hitting but slow attacking enemies and you get them out "kinda" fast, if you want to preserve per rest abilities you can prolong fights (only one enemy alive? Tank it with one summon and go look for the next group, kill the one enemy and summon a big summon in range for the next group and engage - this makes some fights much more controlled - it makes the spore much much stronger too, since you can abuse the fact that the enemy hasnt aggroed you yet, if you do it right (and the spore hits) every enemy will aggro the dominated one)

In stronger groups (i mean groups that deal high damage) summons arent that usefull if you dont prolong fights (either bossfights or the method to start the 2nd fight while fighting the first fight), the aggro is already set in most of the time and the fight isnt long enough to shift aggro after the summons.

I opened a thread not so long ago, now they have the "scion of flame and dragon chant bug" in the system - at long last O_o

I think you are correct in that the long linger of the top chant will keep the next chant from starting. The bottom chant is "too short" to fully fill the linger. You will have a period where the bottom chant expires and the top chant will continue to linger alone.

Maybe you can change the bottom chant with a longer one to better fill the linger?

Also you need to name them something better than "Chant 1, Chant 2, Chant 3"

Call it "Fire, Fire Death Song " or "Flaming Death March to Rautai", something cool.

I would totally do this if I didn't change them all the time for *reasons*

And I specifically chose the 6th (or 3rd) bottom linger for shortness. It only overextends the linger of Dragon Trash by a fraction of a second, instead of just having Dragon Trash lingering by itself for seconds.

Edited by Psychevore