• 2 years later...

I have a Durgan steel question.  Sorry if it's already been answered and thanks if someone can answer this.

I enchanted Resolution Sabre with Durgan steel.  Seems a good idea in any case but I'm wondering if Everything stacks?

Resolution already has: 20% to damage (Sabre), +.5 to Crit multiplier (enchantment), 20% Grazes to hits (enchantment)

It also has but irrelevant to question exceptional and a lash but those irrelevant.

My tooltip says that the Durgan steel gave: +15% attack speed, +.3 to Crit multiplier, and 20% hits converted to crits.

My question is if all of my crit Multipliers are going to stack?  I have 1 already on weapon, a 2nd from Durgan steel, and a 3rd from the feat gained by joining with and doing quests for the Doemenels.  All those stacking?

And I have hits to crits on Durgan steel and also from Dirty/Vicious fighting rogue.  All those stacking?

First of all the crit damage bonus is not a multiplier despite the wording in the description. It's an additive dmg bonus like Sneak Attack or Savage Attack and so on.

On/from weapons everything stacks. Passives (like the talent "Merciless Hand" from the Doemenels) also always stack with everything. You could even add "Dungeon Delver" for another 10% crit damage.

What doesn't stack with themselves is items (other than weapons) and active abilities (includes spells). So if you had Azalin's Helmet (+10% crit damage) and Rabbit Fur Gloves (+10% crit damage) those two wouldn't stack - one of those would get suppressed. 

In your case you only listed weapon enchantments and passives. Those all stack. You could now stack one item property on top - for example like I said Azalin's Helmet with +10% crit damage.

You would then have: +50% (normal crit dmg bonus) +50% (Annihilating from Resolution) +30% (Merciless Hand talent) +30% (Durgan Steel) +10% (Dungeon Delver talent) +10% (Azalin's Helmet). That's a combined crit dmg bonus of +180% to base damage. Base damage of sabres is 11-16 --> average 13.5. On a crit you will do additional 13.5*1.8 = 24.3 dmg.

Your damage roll on a crit would be 13.5 + 24.3 (+ other dmg bonuses like Exceptional, Sharp, Sneak Attacks and so on, left aside for now) = 37.8 slash damage. And to that  dmg roll your lashes will get applied. If you had a 25% burning lash that would be 37.8 * 0.25 =  9.45 burn damage on top (which has to overcome 1/4 burn DR). Your 37.8 slash would have to overcome the enemies (full) slash DR. Usually the dmg roll is higher because you also have MIG bonus, higher weapon quality like Exceptional and so on. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods