3.01bug: consecrated ground triggers eyestrike

Madscientist

Question

b3fSu5d.png

I fight monks outside the abby of the fallen moon.

Pallagine wears shoed in faith and consecrated ground triggered shortly before battle ended.

All enemies died, combat ended but consecrated ground was still active.

GM wears the armor shown in this image.

When consecrated ground hits GM, there is a chance that the armor causes eyestrike on Pallagina, blinding and dazing her.

Combat starts, but it stops shortly afterwards.

Combat started and stopped several times in a row because GM got hit several times by consecrated ground.

expected behaviour: Only hostile attacks should trigger eyestrike, not healing.

Notes:

- Durance casted iconic projection during combat. This did not trigger eyestrike. I am not sure if it did not happen because it was a spell (not an item) or because the chance to trigger is 10%.

- I looked through the combat log but I did not see that Pallagina was hit by something. I am not sure why consecrated ground triggered.

5 answers to this question

It's a known issue with item proc's. It should be fixed in 3.02.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks

I read the patch notes and did not find: "Items that trigger effects when the char gets hit do not trigger when the char gets healing" (or something like this)

Maybe Palleginas consecrated ground was triggered because she has been hit by durance´s iconic projection.

I was referring specifically to a bug with Elryn's Jacket blinding your allies:

Spell Defense: Eyestrike will no longer hit allies.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I was referring specifically to a bug with Elryn's Jacket blinding your allies:

Spell Defense: Eyestrike will no longer hit allies.

This still has not been properly fixed. I'm playing version 3.03 and Elryn's Jacket still triggers Eyestrike when the wearer is crit by friendly spell effects ("Devotions for the Faithful" in the attached example). Happened to me a minute ago.

post-166392-0-00437600-1473542996_thumb.jpg