End of Pillbug Deck building

PinkRose

Question

At the end of Pillbug  I had 2 spells for Kyra (supposed to have 3).

But Merisiel had 1 (supposed to have 0)

Wouldn't let me move on to pick up that 3rd spell from the box.

Had to give Kyra Merisiel's spell, then remove it, then switch to Merisiel, then switch to Allies (which was the right amount) and it finally let me move on with the green arrow, so I could pick up my missing Cure spell.

7 answers to this question

My understanding from the PACG rules is that the game shouldn't've let you do that -- Your party had 3 spells, and it needed 3 spells -- all 3 should have gone to Kyra and then you are ready for the next scenario. The box is only used if your party, as a whole, doesn't have enough cards of a particular type to meet the requirements for all characters in the party.

Hey there

From page 18 of the Wrath of the Righteous rulebook:

"If you can't construct a valid deck from the cards your group has available because you don't have enough of certain card types, choose the extra cards you need from the box, choosing only cards with the Basic trait."

We have always assumed that if you didn't want a boon, you could just Banish it to the box and thus fulfill the requirements to get a Basic card from the box to meet the Card list requirements on your characters card.

Dunesparrow, the key words in the rulebook you quoted are 'from the cards your group has available.' PinkRose's group had 3 spells available, and 3 slots to fill, so no reason to invoke the rule you quoted. Your assumption about banishing cards after a scenario ends is not supported by any rule on a card or in the rulebook, and a cursory search of the PACG site and forums provides consensus that the rules don't allow such banishing. As a house rule, it's not necessarily a bad one, but I am pretty sure that the designers meant for it not to happen.

Relatedly, because of this rule, it is more important that we be able to refuse boons if desired (as described and discussed in another thread here in these forums).

I was able to reproduce this bug. Merisiel had some boots that I did not want. I took them out of her deck, leaving her with 5/6 items and a dimmed blue arrow. I switched to Kyra and the blue arrow to continue was active. Was able to grab a better item from the box.