Nedmar's f*****g bull****

So I enter Raedric's hold via vines, got to the sanctuary and disguised my team in Berath's robes. All good so far. I found Nedmar and through choosing all diplomatic options he gave me a secret passcode "that would do me much better than any disguise". Awesome, apparently I can go back to normal armor since I know the passcode. I MADE A FEW STEPS AND THE WHOLE FLOOR TURNS HOSTILE AND KILLS MY PARTY.

O N   T R I A L S   O F   I R O N

That was like, the 30h hour of gameplay...

Thank you Obsidian for such misleading dialogs. Too bad I can't refund it now...

• Like 2

The phrase is for when the guards, or priests, stop to question you, even when you are wearing the robes. The phrase, or the right attributes are needed for them to not attack. You made the logical leap that he meant you don't need any disguise at all, which isn't that unreasonable given what he says: 

"Oh - this will do you more good than a disguise. We have a passphrase. It is 'From every ending, a beginning'. Say that and the guards here will leave you be. On this floor alone, I'm afraid. Raedric's sellswords have little patience for such things."

What I don't understand is how can you have 30 h of play time, and the guards there still be a challenge.

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 4

Would it have killed you to save the game before doing that, just in case? Seems like common sense to me.

Anyway, I generally don't have any sympathy for people who choose to use Trial of Iron and then complain about stuff like this. That's what you get for trying to be "hardcorez!!!11!" tbh

• Like 3

THE WHOLE FLOOR TURNS HOSTILE AND KILLS MY PARTY.

O N   T R I A L S   O F   I R O N

That was like, the 30h hour of gameplay...

Reading that ... your only hope would have been to make a deal with Raedric and hunt Kolsc instead ... because your party would not have survived the battle against Raedric and his followers, if you were unable to clear the weaker units on the Raedric Hold Sanctuary level.

When playing Trial of Iron ... I entered the keep around level 10 ... better safe than sorry. :sweat:

• Like 1

so, your first play o' poe (or at least raedric's keep) were trials of iron?  that is a question.  am making an assumption, but one would guess that if you had played poe before, you would know the actual way in which the password functioned.  is more than a few cases in poe wherein the seeming easier path is not so easy.  warning: seeming secret tunnels or side entrances may be filled with mobs o' undead and traps... and successful diplomacy choices may get you attacked. 

in any event, we applaud your chutzpah if not your common sense.  trials o' iron on first run o' content you don't know?  while the way in which your trial o' iron run ended were not the least bit surprising to us, we cannot help but appreciate your verve.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Would it have killed you to save the game before doing that, just in case? Seems like common sense to me.

Anyway, I generally don't have any sympathy for people who choose to use Trial of Iron and then complain about stuff like this. That's what you get for trying to be "hardcorez!!!11!" tbh

The whole point of Trial of Iron is that you can't make multiple saves "just in case." If you die, that's it, game over.
  • Like 1

The whole point of Trial of Iron is that you can't make multiple saves "just in case." If you die, that's it, game over.

Saving doesn't require making multiple save files. I don't see anything about this that would require another save file. If he saw he was getting wrecked in whatever battle he was walking into he could've just reloaded without trying to see it through.

Edited by RingMachine

Saving doesn't require making multiple save files. I don't see anything about this that would require another save file. If he saw he was getting wrecked in whatever battle he was walking into he could've just reloaded without trying to see it through.

You cannot load a Trial of Iron save from in game (only from the main menu), and quitting overwrites the save, which is also deleted on game over. Only thing you can do to save the situation is to Alt+F4, or close the process in Task Manager, but then whats the point of Trial of Iron.

You cannot load a Trial of Iron save from in game (only from the main menu), and quitting overwrites the save, which is also deleted on game over. Only thing you can do to save the situation is to Alt+F4, or close the process in Task Manager, but then whats the point of Trial of Iron.

Achievement, bro!  :dancing:

This is why using Trial of Iron is dumb. Especially if you're the type of person to want a refund after dying.

• Like 3

This is why using Trial of Iron is dumb. Especially if you're the type of person to want a refund after dying.

Imagine this:  All players successfully completing the game on PotD with Trial of Iron enabled in one try get automatically refunded the purchase price.  I'm betting internet hubris would mean more units sold than refunded in this case. :-)

• Like 1

so, your first play o' poe (or at least raedric's keep) were trials of iron?  that is a question.  am making an assumption, but one would guess that if you had played poe before, you would know the actual way in which the password functioned.  is more than a few cases in poe wherein the seeming easier path is not so easy.  warning: seeming secret tunnels or side entrances may be filled with mobs o' undead and traps... and successful diplomacy choices may get you attacked. 

in any event, we applaud your chutzpah if not your common sense.  trials o' iron on first run o' content you don't know?  while the way in which your trial o' iron run ended were not the least bit surprising to us, we cannot help but appreciate your verve.

HA! Good Fun!

Jeez, I don't know if I can agree with you here....

Applauding his chutzpah is kinda like applauding a Darwin Award winners chutzpah. :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Actually if You got attacked, and when there are hostiles around You exit to main menu, Your save won't overwrite. Other words if You want reload save in PotD - got attacked  :devil:

I accidentally found that out while on my TCS i made a ragequit in Lle a Rhemen, in cave with spores - couldn't pass through them without a fight which i could not win. so when having like 20hp i just quit. And then i realise i can resume from the entrance.

• Like 1

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event."

-Zurin Arctus, the Underking