MLB 2016 - Even Year Magic

Hurlshort

Ominous beginning for the A's. Sonny Gray to miss opening night start due to food poisoning.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I just found the AM antenna for my A/V receiver still in the plastic. Home opener vs. LA starts in half an hour. RADIO

I love sports on the radio. I catch games on my XM radio all the time. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Baseball on the radio just works.

Of course I grew up spoiled listening to Bill King, Lon Simmons, and Hank Greenwald. Even. Now we have Jon Miller and Ken Korach broadcasting the Giants and A's.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

stayclassy_zpscpfjngip.png

What a pounding. Well, look at it this way: All it means is the Padres won't go 162-0

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I play in a fantasy baseball league full of Giants fans. I picked up Adrian Gonzalez in the 11th round. Hell, even Clayton Kershaw dropped to the second round. I would've picked him up but I went third and took Bryce Harper.

Crazy Giants-Dodgers game last night.  I feel bad for Dave Roberts.  Bruce Bochy used to regularly make Don Mattingly look bad, and that trend seems to be continuing.  Giants are no hit into the 8th, and then win 3-2 on two hits.

I don't even need that AM antenna, my TV picks up the Mighty 1090 radio signal. 

Been a great season so far, Padres set a franchise record for an opening day loss, and a major league record three-straight shutouts to start the year.

I'll stick with it, though. I love the new yellow jersey accents.   

All Stop. On Screen.

After the Panthers finished beating the Islanders in Game 2 last night I watched the rest of the Giants/Dodgers game. SF was all discombobulated. Three errors? Really?

Thomas Sowell

I'm getting some laughs out of Boston's fat third baseman saga.

As a Giants fan, it's pretty crazy to watch.  Sandoval was a favorite, but everyone in the organization knew he had serious nutrition issues.  He's a big guy, always will be, but after a fantastic rookie year he ballooned and got sent to the bench for the 2010 playoff run.  So the Giants worked with him, had him on a restricted diet, and he had a bunch of very good seasons and two great postseason runs.  But he seemed disgruntled by it.  He left for Boston, which I totally understand, I'd love to play at Fenway.  He said the Giants disrespected him, which seemed a bit overdramatic.  But now he's just out of control with his weight.  The guy has so much talent, it is a shame that he can't see that the Giants were just trying to help him stay on the field by keeping him on a diet.  

So far the Rays biggest strength, starting pitching, has been the biggest weakness. And the Marlins have shown flashes of brilliance in between long periods of crap. All the pieces of a winning team are there, they just haven't put them all together right. Ichiro is just 58 hits from 3000. 

Thomas Sowell

So the Yankees broadcasters called the A's a AAA club. They swept the Yanks and have now won six six straight.

• Like 2

So the Yankees broadcasters called the A's a AAA club. They swept the Yanks and have now won six six straight.

That was sweet wasn't it?

Thomas Sowell

Well, even in the outside chance they make it to the postseason, Billy's s**** don't work in the playoffs.

#InBillyWeTrust

Blake Snell is making his MLB debut against the Yankees right now. Time to watch!

Thomas Sowell

Snell was sharp yesterday. He have up one run on three hits and 6 Ks. He looked like a kid out there he's so young. Too bad the bullpen choked up the lead and the game. 

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

wmays.jpg

Thomas Sowell

I'm not the biggest fan of Ortiz but his outrage was justified. That so called strike three was ludicrous. That was a ball, Kulpa. And I can't believe none of the other umps challenged that guy. Still wondering where MLB is on this call. I, sometimes, think they are just scared of the umpire's union. 

Stronger than the NFLPA. lol

• Like 1

I watched this game last night. This was just awesome: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/176649162/giancarlo-stanton-hits-longest-homer-of-2016

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell