Unsure if bug-Abbey of falen moon

zorb42

Question

Okay I am in the abbey and gave key thingie I got in halls of Silence to abbot per quest , quest does not update. Abbot tells me to meet him upstairs and leaves. Question is upstairs marked by map point top of the abbey, because there is no transition point there, or am I supposed to go somewhere else.

5 answers to this question

Hello zealot01,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! Are you playing on Steam, please verify your game cache and see if that resolves your issue. If not, please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox/sendspace/etc so I can take a look. You can find those files by clicking on the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Hey - I've just recently gotten this issue as well.  I'll try to summarize what I've done in the past few hours of play, and I've included all the requested files (I think the two saves included should be the right ones, the earlier should be the save I had in Caed Nua and then the more recent should be a save inside the Halls of Presence) below.  If you need me to find anything else, let me know and I'll grab it for you.

Things of note (or possibly of note):

I've done Maneha's quest, which probably doesn't matter.

I have not yet fought any of the Ondrites - I told them I was the Tidebringer.

Prior to talking to Kaoto, I went around the Halls of Presence and opened most of the doors - I didn't open the Vault of Forgotten Thoughts, but I did open Kaoto's private chambers.  I disarmed the trap that was on the chest in the room, and the chest was non-interactive after that (did not show blue) - I think this might have something to do with the issue?  It continues to not show blue the entire time, which means that I never got Kaoto's Journal (to the best of my knowledge).

I did all the recitation properly, and did drown the Low Tide Ondrites.

I gave Kaoto Ondra's Witness, and he said to meet him at the top of the abbey.

The "Top of the Abbey" marker is on the map along with the yellow diamond, but the stairs are non-interactable.

I've validated my Steam cache and re-loaded the game, and the problem persists.

Files are here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/k2oo8j - let me know if you'd rather have them on a different filehost or if they've failed to upload properly.

To continue the quest you must use a different stairwell going up. The one labeled "The Reliquary". 

KdngWxE.jpg

The non-interactive but on the map stairs at the top is so confusing that it's probably a bug.

I've come to burn your kingdom down