Stuck at loading v2.03.0788

n.t.t.

Question

Game runs great but I can't access Magran's Fork because it stuck's at loading so I cant recruit Durance (done with Aloth, Eder and Kana). I'm following a guide to get all companions as soon as possible. Game is latest version v2.03.0788 - steam, and I done all recommendations as run as administrator, turn off all graphics, update driver, steam verify integrity etc. There is something in output log I don't understand:

(Filename:  Line: 54)

<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:

1 Incorrect function.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

11 answers to this question

So I googled the error and its supposed to be Unity engine problem something with connected usb devices. But I disconnected all usb devices as I have PS/2 keyboard and mouse and nothing changed. Maybe Obsidian should update game engine to Unity 5 like Inxile did with Wasteland 2 because I read this error was fixed in Unity 5.0.2 version (latest v5.2.3)

surely cannot be just you and I with this issue?

I cannot progress any further in the game now - so sad :( as it's a fantastic game.

I am wondering whether the console command to jump to a map would open the area you're getting the load screen issue? (i might try that when I get home) and if that fails I will try editting my save file to remove the whole location and re-do the first 2 levels...

Hope you get this sorted and I will follow to see if it helps with Undying Heritage for me

Ya I cant say its happened to me consistently but after 547 hours of game play I had the same issue the other night trying to load in to the Black Hound.  I also have a post up.

Have gun will travel.