cannot play game because it is too difficult

just as the title says. i have it on easy diificulty setting, and have set up the ai scripts for group. i have a full group. paladin, chanter, fighter, ranger, cleric, wizard. my group has end game items equipped. before the dlc/patch i could play fine with no issues, and now i get crushed on every encounter. i have mostly given up, as it seems like i am playing on the hardest difficulty. my chars literally die within a second or two even with buffs and summons. maybe i am doing something wrong here? but the game just seems unplayable now.

Also, leaving your men on autopilot is a bad idea for non-trashmob encounters. Preset A.I. isn't smart enough to win tough fights for you.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The message you get to start the expansion gives you two directions you could go to - I believe one is much more difficult than the other - I suspect that's the one you chose to do first.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Specifically, Cragholdt is the most difficult content in the game; it's probably better suited for 14th-level characters.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus