Azalin's Helmet erroneous tooltip (french)

Radamanthe

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello Radamanthe,

Could you please upload a save file, output log, and a screenshot via dropbox so I can take a look?

Thanks a bunch!

I guess you misinterpreted. I think it's only a french translation problem.

In english, the Azalin's Helmet description says: "+0.1 to Crit Damage multiplier". The tooltip says "Properties: Of Crit Multiplier Bonus 10%". Everything's fine as adding 0.1 to a multiplier is a net 10% gain, right?

In french, the description is still right: "+0.1 au multiplicateur de Dégâts critiques". But the tooltip says "Propriétés : De bonus multiplicateur de critiques 1%".

To be honest, I did not check the combat logs for the accuracy of this property. I'm quite confident it works as intended (as I'm confident it's not effectively a 1% gain as it would be a quite useless property). Now, in case it is I who misunderstood what exactly you're searching for, I apologize and I would be glad to send you everything you ask for ;)

Hello there,

Its just protocol for us to get save files and an output log from the community as it is beneficial for us to have a lot of save files for testing. But I have already entered a bug into our database about the typo, it should show "0.1%" but it is missing the decimal. :)

Merci beaucoup!

Sorry but I don't agree. I guess your confusion comes from the fact that the description indicates the added value to the multiplier, though the tooltip indicates the increase percentage from base damage, that's not the same thing!

All descriptions say the property adds 0.1 to the critical damage multiplier, so the net increase is effectively 10% of the base damage.

Put simply, if base damage is 20 and critical damage multiplier is 1.5, in case of a critical hit we have:

20 * 1.5 = 30

Wearing the helmet would then be:

20 * 1.6 = 32

32 - 30 = 2, which is 10% of 20, obviously not 1% nor 0.1%.

Nothing wrong, just maths. The only issue here is the french tooltip.