At what level are you supposed to play White March?

After playing it two times in potd one max lvl 14 scaled up and once at level 6 (unscaled) I would strongly advise people to play it at lvl 6. Even if you scale up later on if party is max lvl the fights won't be fair for the ai simply because your endgame party/gear/abilities can overpower them minions easily even if scaled up the fights are trivial by then and easily won. WM at level 6-7 and Siege at lvl 10-11 would be ideal.

Edited by Vorad

I found lvl7 to be the sweet spot to enter WM without scaling up. I managed at lvl5 but the odds (stats-wise) are too stacked against the party to have an enjoyable experience. For my party composition anyways.

Moreover at lvl7 would imply you still got a healthy quantity of quests left in the main campaign. Those quests/areas can provide the fodder needed to power up the various soulbound weapons you can find in WM.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is saying one can enter the white march at level 6/7 without scaling. How am I suppose to clear ACT III afterwards without having an easy cake journey?

You're not. If you do WM 1 early, late game will be sleepwalking. To make it even more so, do the Endless Paths immediately after.

This is why I'm not a big fan of drop-in expansions like this. They wreck endgame challenge (or force heavy-handed level scaling).

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Allegedly a future patch will include Act III scaling. I'm hoping it is forced, so that we don't have to jump through hoops to avoid another options screen (ala WM1).

Side note: so far as expansions go, I like WM1. I have a feeling though, that had Obsidian not been desperate for stretch goals, they would have rather not gone this route themselves.

• 5 months later...

I just started WM1 after having finished all of the original story and my characters are level 12 so I'm wondering two things : 1) Why is WM1 geared towards level 8 when you finish the core game at level 12? and 2) How are you people only level 7? 

WM1 unlocks almost immediately after Act 2 begins. That answers your first question. As for your second, did your character skip right from level 6 to level 8?