[2.0] (Still unfixed): Suppress Affliction doesn't work properly on paralyze

thelee

Question

It's coming up a lot in 2.0/White March because those Laugethsdfalsdf (sp?) use paralyze a lot.

Basically, Suppress Affliction will remove the paralyze effect from the tooltip but will _not_ actually let the character move and take action again.  The character will still have to wait until the paralyze effect wears off. Attached is a screenshot of a character stuck despite having a Suppress Affliction cast on them (note the guy above dead center who just has that weird debuff icon; this persists until the paralyze effect naturally wears off).

post-58316-0-10308100-1441146178_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Here's a link to try it out (I've been using this save for other issues, but it's handy because it's easy to trigger several of the problems with one go):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu470ehekco0qo0/AADmTwodWv6Z8d-tIAfXAtgma?dl=0

Go fight some of the Lagufeth (or whatever) and wait until a Paralyze effect triggers. Then either use Durance or Elka (the custom ranger)'s Suppress Affliction on those characters. THe paralyze icon will be replaced with some different icon, and the paralyze tooltip will go away, but the characters are still unable to take action.

Ya for some reason it places the Petrified icon above them.  I have seen this using Liberating Exhortation.  BUT I will say that it does work at least with Liberating Exhortation just not instantly it might take 2 seconds. 

Have gun will travel.

Maybe the Paralyze is being re applied? I know Supress affliction and Liberating Exhortation work well with all other status effects but act WONKY with Paralyze and Petrify.  Like I said for me it works on Paralyze just not instantly and there has been times where yes they get the Petrified icon and do not move.

Have gun will travel.

Ya for some reason it places the Petrified icon above them.  I have seen this using Liberating Exhortation.  BUT I will say that it does work at least with Liberating Exhortation just not instantly it might take 2 seconds.

Are you sure that it's not just the paralyze effect wearing off? In my above example, one of my characters snapped to, but it was only because the paralyze effect had grazed for a couple of seconds, whereas my main CHARNAME had been paralyzed for ~6 seconds and sure enough even with the suppress affliction they stayed unmoving for the entire time.

I am definitely sure that Ive had party members get critted with Paralyzes like 10 seconds and instantly place the Exhortation on them...it places the Petrify icon above them like you showed and then they move with the "Paralyzed" Affliction suppressed.

Have gun will travel.

It also has problems with Stuck. One character had an existing Stuck debuff, then I cast the spell and the suppress affliction buff appeared on her, and it said that Stuck was suppressed. Then, definitely after the buff applied, she was crit by black ooze spit. In the hit calculation detail, the defense was shown as 28 but her deflection is 48. NExt time this happens I'll take a screenshot if I can.