any way to exit pit to get to white march exp?

I'm all the way at the end of the game, entered the pit, killed everything, etc, and one thing left to do is the final click to release the spoilers.

Is there any way to get out of here to attempt the white march expansion?  or just keep reloading old saved games until I find one close enough?  (which I always hate doing in games like this :/)

You can't exit it once you enter. There should've been a lore friendly warning (as opposed to a massive pop up box) however the game does create a 'PRE-END GAME' save just before the jump so you should have that which would save a lot of re-doing everything.

EDIT: can't

Edited by Elzarath

You can't exit it once you enter. There should've been a lore friendly warning (as opposed to a massive pop up box) however the game does create a 'PRE-END GAME' save just before the jump so you should have that which would save a lot of re-doing everything.

EDIT: can't

I did see the warning, but that was before the expansion.  I was hoping they'd implement some sort of teleporter, ladder, hole, something :)  

I found myself in a similar situation thanks to some ambiguously-worded articles on the White March expansion. I'd hoped that after I went through the Pit, beat the Dude, released the Stuff from the Thing, and sat through the credits, I could go back and check out White March then. Sadly, not the case. You're going to need to use the pre-endgame save.

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

I'm all the way at the end of the game, entered the pit, killed everything, etc, and one thing left to do is the final click to release the spoilers.

Is there any way to get out of here to attempt the white march expansion?  or just keep reloading old saved games until I find one close enough?  (which I always hate doing in games like this :/)

Im in the same situation as you. Also, there is no sign of the "pre-end save", so I am left with replaying hours and hours, treading the same ground over again any way I look at it. I had no idea that I was going to be unable to play the expansion just because I finished the game (a bit of a punishment there).

I am also so annoyed that I have spent a futher £18 (like an idiot I bought the season pass) or so on an expansion that I cant access without re-playing the game.

Wish Id saved my money. I am so peeved with Obsidian right now.

Why not just let out of the pit before doing the "you know what" after defeating "you know who" (spoilers) ending the game?

I really wish they make some sort of patch to make this happen. I was very excited to play the expansion but am unable to for that very reason. I ended up doing a refund on Steam until I can actually play the content. It is quite a shame and an odd choice considering the amount of time the game has been released up until the expansion was released. I feel like the demographic for this expansion would be people who have already played the game and therefore could very well end up with this issue. Was this not ever discussed during the creation of the content and if so was it deemed not important enough to warrant some sort of workaround?

I was going to buy the expansion, but after seeing that you can't access to it after finishing the original game, I'm not interested in buying it.

The expansion should have followed the events after finishing the original game. This is more attractive than simply add more areas and quests for mid level groups to the original game. The original game doesn't need more content, needs a continuation of the history.

I'll wait to PoE 2 to see a new history that continues the first game.

• Like 1

I did see the warning, but that was before the expansion.  I was hoping they'd implement some sort of teleporter, ladder, hole, something original.gif

This hole is it, no way back. You can't get out. Heck you need GODS to help you get in in the first place. One-way trip people

Ah, screw that, have a ladder out. Who cares about story in RPG's anyway right? Let's just take a massive dump over all that.

CAUSE IT'S SO HARD TO USE THE PRE-PIT SAVE FROM LIKE 1 HOUR BEFORE ISN'T IT?

• Like 6

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

There are people missing that particular savefile, such as myself. While it is simple to say deal with it or force people to replay many hours of gameplay, it is not really the ideal solution. The idea of any extra content is to want people to purchase and play it. You want to capture as much of your demographic as possible to maximize these profits. By alienating the fan base just so you can go "deal with it" is how companies lose consumers. Compared to more massive games, the demographic is already smaller. Is it really wise to blame the consumer and lose out on profits and future fans just because they potentially made a mistake? Entering the pit makes a single autosave file. It is a lot easier to lose it than some people let on.

While there was a warning at the pit, I do not recall there being a warning that you would also be locked out of an entire expansion. It already feels odd to finish the game, go back, not finish the game, go somewhere, and then maybe finish the game again depending on what the next expansion is, if there is one.

Okay, then tell me... how did you 'loose' that auto-save? Cause apart from manual deletion there's not much that can make that happen. If you use Steam you can even wipe it from your PC yet recover it from the cloud.

EDIT:

Why did you think it auto-saved on... THE POINT OF NO RETURN?

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 5

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It is very possible it was my fault, and that is not something I am attempting to deny. However, it is still an issue. People are locked out of the extra content simply because they may have accidentally deleted a single savefile of which at the time was not a prerequisite for an expansion that we did not know about. "Point of no return" does not mean "You do not get to play the new content". I ask again, do you really think it is wise to blame the consumer and lose out on extra profit and fans over a single savefile that at the time was not tied to that content?

I love the game. I want to purchase the expansion and play it. I am not able to do that without restarting the game. That is a problem. Whether the problem was caused by my mistake is only a portion of the issue.

It actually is when the game erases it when you're playing trial of iron.

You've got a point there, and that's definitely a bug.

But you should probably deal with Tech on a bug-resolution rather than just totally wrecking the entire storyline cause of a bug.

^

It actually is when the game erases it when you're playing trial of iron.

You've got a point there, and that's definitely a bug.

But you should probably deal with Tech on a bug-resolution rather than just totally wrecking the entire storyline cause of a bug.

An issue many people have yet you're crusading all over the place telling them to stop complaining and just load their save that doesn't exist. 

There is a lot of people who doesn't want to replay the game in order to access the expansion

There is a lot of people that want to continue the expansion after finishing the original game and not from a previous saved game

Devs should say anything about if they are going to solve this issue

If the file was erased through a bug or similar then that is not cool. Can you use console commands to take you out of the hole / move to a different map?

Aside from that though, people can just load the pre-end game save or start a new game, simples. Even after the warning and all the rest I'm not sure why people think the expansion was going to suddenly change that predicament about being stuck underground after jumping into the hole. If anyone couldn't properly grasp the gravity of the situation (pun unintended) then that sounds like you're describing a user error and not something wrong with the actual game.

Dammit, I should have known this would happen.  After I beat the game I wanted to go back and finish the Endless Paths.  But I was browbeaten for even suggesting being able to play after the final quest....gods forbid.  But now I dropped $15 on an expansion that I need to load a previous save just to play?  I don't like replaying games.  So just open up the damn game so my players can continue on after beating the final quest.  What is the problem with this? 

• Like 1

Wow, glad to hear that there could be an issue with this.  Of course, I save every few minutes, so probably won't have the issue.  Seriously, I'm a save-game slave.  I'm only into Chapter 2, and have 453 save games.  For this toon.

Wow, glad to hear that there could be an issue with this.  Of course, I save every few minutes, so probably won't have the issue.  Seriously, I'm a save-game slave.  I'm only into Chapter 2, and have 453 save games.  For this toon.

I tend to be lazy about saving these days, but I still hit autosave. However, it can come back to haunt you in situations just like these. I don't even mind games that don't let me do my own saves as long as I can quit and save wherever. I don't like feeling like I have to play another twenty minutes to get to a save point or lose the last fifteen minutes of progress. <.<

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I tend to be lazy about saving these days, but I still hit autosave. However, it can come back to haunt you in situations just like these. I don't even mind games that don't let me do my own saves as long as I can quit and save wherever. I don't like feeling like I have to play another twenty minutes to get to a save point or lose the last fifteen minutes of progress. <.<

Eh, I (as I said) am a save-game slave.  I started out with SSI's Gold Box games, and while I have played MMOs (where you don't have to "bother" since the database handles it for you), I still tend to "oversave".  Hey, nothing is ever wasted.  Especially if you have multiple terabytes of space.

What is the problem with this?

The problem is that all games are not always 100% suitered to fun.. Some have an artistic vision, a locked story arc or overall theme that may conflict with 'fun' gameplay. Like mask of betrayers spirit eater mechanism. Where the story and its branching and consequences are more important than 'fun'.

Bethesda games are good examples of a company who's sole mission is fun. Obsidian is not... Now if that's not your kind of thing, cool no problem. But playing beyond the ending here or in bg 1 or 2 or throne of bhall, planescape, mask of betrayer and you know all the games Pillars is similar too is not done.. Because it conflicts with the primary function of the game - the story telling.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

An issue many people have yet you're crusading all over the place telling them to stop complaining and just load their save that doesn't exist.

So far I've seen...

0% "Iron Mode" users

100% "Waaaah, I have to use my pre-end savegame with which I was maxed out so the same stats, and the same gear... and nothing will change but I'm going to moan and whine anyway for god knows what reason I can't simply use the provided savegame waaaaaaah" users

So... yeah... that's why.

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 3

^

Here's the thing.I finished the game on hard so now restarted on PotD in order to play White march part 1.

When i complete Part 1 of the expansion i need to wait until part 2 comes out because if i do get to act 4 again then i will need to revert back to an old save again anyway to access part 2 of the expansion content.

It's a strange design decision.

So far I've seen...

0% "Iron Mode" users

100% "Waaaah, I have to use my pre-end savegame with which I was maxed out so the same stats, and the same gear... and nothing will change but I'm going to moan and whine anyway for god knows what reason I can't simply use the provided savegame waaaaaaah" users

So... yeah... that's why.

Well Hassat, instead of insulting people, maybe you could either listen if you want to contribute constructively. A number of persons have said that they could not find or did not have a "pre-endgame save", myself among them.

Now that means some serious backtracking or restarting. That is a problem for me and others. Its inconvenient, its time consuming, its toil and its immersion breaking.

You might not think its a problem (great, I'm genuinely happy for you), but you are not content with that, you would rather belittle people or just tell them that they "moan and whine" when they have a genuine problem.

I paid good money for the game, the audio novella & the season pass,.... this does not make me feel "entitled" or give me a license to kick and scream, but its not too much to ask to be able to ask for a feature adjustment or express some disappointment on the official forums.

Maybe I will be facilitated if myself and others speak up, maybe not. But I'm not here to be called a moaner or whiner, in fact I'd say anybody else who has considered this an issue probably feels the same.

Rosbjerg puts his point (disagreeing with me) across excellently, without trying to demean anybody.
  • Like 5

What is the problem with this?

The problem is that all games are not always 100% suitered to fun.. Some have an artistic vision, a locked story arc or overall theme that may conflict with 'fun' gameplay. Like mask of betrayers spirit eater mechanism. Where the story and its branching and consequences are more important than 'fun'.

Bethesda games are good examples of a company who's sole mission is fun. Obsidian is not... Now if that's not your kind of thing, cool no problem. But playing beyond the ending here or in bg 1 or 2 or throne of bhall, planescape, mask of betrayer and you know all the games Pillars is similar too is not done.. Because it conflicts with the primary function of the game - the story telling.

*redacted*  No reason.... yet.... to be so.... obnoxious.