When to start playing (1.x, 2.0 beta or 2.0 full release)?

I've finally finished a few games in my library that I've been wanting to wrap up and now I'm really wanting to start playing PoE that I bought a while back.  My issue is that I'm not sure if I should start with the current 1.x build, beta 2.0 build or wait until 2.0 is publicly released (based on the various topics re: some issues/bugs with 2.0).

If its likely going to be a while until 2.0 goes to full release then I may either play 1.x or bite the bullet and *gasp* wait.  Looking for some honest direction on this. 

P.S. I'm not usually a fan of replaying content/games because I have limited time to play (curse you job!) and want to get to Witcher 3 and others.

Thanks!

Lipper

I started playing two weeks ago as I finally got the time (had the game since day one obviously :p), totally worth it.

Game's worth more than one play through anyway, and I think it's nice to see it all before the expansion as well. Of course, it's only 2 days so...

You could consider the fact 2.0 will need a few patches after it's out.

✔ Certified Bat Food

I would wait until at least the first patch after 2.0/white march is released

Whenever a big update/patch is released, there are always going to be some unforeseen issues as a result of such a large change the to game. 

If you can wait, then I would wait until the first, or even second patch after the big update is released.

Sort of funny that Pillars and the hearthstone expansion are coming out at the same time? coincidence?

Yes.

I cannot possibly see any way Obsidian could profit from this, so why would they? If anything developers try to release their games on different days.