Is the Fast Runer talent broken? Just asking have not experience

Playing a PoTD run so I cant reload.  Is the fast runner talent working?  I googled it and in April some people said it was not..how about Zealous Charge? does it increase movement speed like its supposed to? I have never taken it before.  Thinking of making a Skirmisher type party.

Have gun will travel.

Fast Runner and also Zealous Charge work. They both work only in combat, not outside of it. The latter is a little bit stupid though, because sometimes it takes more than a second before the aura really starts working. That's the reason why I kicked my paladin offtank and hired a priest with Aggrandizing Radiance. I needed to run behind enemy lines as fast as possible because of 3*Ectopsychic Echo. Priest worked, paladin failed. Monk with long stride would have been my next try.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

thanks for the info.  Looking to make a kite group.  I am playing on Beta 2.0 so we will find out if they did anything for Zealous Charge or if it still has the delay.  maybe using some CC ability from the start like Slicken will give it the time it needs to kick in. 

Puts a but if a hamper on my skirmisher squad idea...I intend to open up with Zealous Focus for my crew...fire a massive wall of lead at the enemy switch to Zealous Charge kite, CC as needed, reload or switch weapons(have a chanter with the reload buff) switch back to Zealous Focus fire again rinse repeat.  Obviously you cant do that in EVERY fight so the group will have the ability to stand and fight.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

For a kiting group you have to have a chanter with the tier 2 chant "Frost and rhime followed the footsteps of karth". It used to be meh but I used it the other day and was amazed. The drop traps have a high accuracy and do quite some damage and the best part is the hobble affliction that lowers reflex a lot. It works best if the whole group is fast and does kiting (there's also a chant for that) because then the trail of frost traps is really broad and more traps will be dropped. I used that tactic to line up foes, hobble them and then cast some spell against reflex on them (Ectopsychic Echo for ex.). Works great!

• Like 2

Two chanters will also work: one with the speed chant then frost, the other chanter the other way round. So you will have constant +1 move speed (and +10 reflex) and you will constantly drop traps. If you are to fast, the kiting becomes tricky because the enemies will cancel the encounter to soon and will return without stepping on your traps.