White Privilege ?

BruceVC

Do albinos have more or less white privilege?

I would say more but not for the reasons you are joking about 

In Africa albinos have typically been a target historically by other Africans  as they are seen as bewitched and there body parts are useful in "muti "  ( African magic like Witch doctors )

This is obviously illegal and gets  condemned but still happens in rural areas where people are still superstitious. So we should be extra sensitive when it comes to the treatment of albinos in the African context at least 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Um, how is that MORE white privilege? Unless you're saying getting cut to pieces is a white privilege?

Um, are you really trying to have a serious discussion about how black Albinos are related to how I defined " white privilege " in this thread?

Because the last few comments have just been jokes about  the concept of what white privilege means....and that's fine as I have no  issue with people making light of serious discussions. Sometimes that's the nature of internet debate 

So are you really asking if black albinos are part of white privilege ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sometimes I feel like you must be a shared account for multiple people, because you obviously didn't even read what you wrote. No, I do not want to turn it into a serious discussion. The post of mine that you quoted was an obvious joke, asking "do albinos have more or less white privilege" and you responded with MORE, because they get cut up in Africa. In other words, you utterly ****ed up your own post. My response for that was not turning it into a serious discussion, my response to that was me mocking you because you can't write things that make any kind of sense. :)

Here's a tip, next time you accuse other people on this board of not being able to comprehend English properly, why don't you learn to write basic thoughts in that language first.

• Like 2

Sometimes I feel like you must be a shared account for multiple people, because you obviously didn't even read what you wrote. No, I do not want to turn it into a serious discussion. The post of mine that you quoted was an obvious joke, asking "do albinos have more or less white privilege" and you responded with MORE, because they get cut up in Africa. In other words, you utterly ****ed up your own post. My response for that was not turning it into a serious discussion, my response to that was me mocking you because you can't write things that make any kind of sense. :)

Yes I thought you were joking but I hate to assume. Sometimes people make statements that I think can't be real...but they are 

But for the record I think you are misunderstanding the plight of African albinos. They don't get mistreated all  the time, most of the time how they were previously treated gives them understandable sympathy and different preferential treatment in the job market as they are seen as a  minority even within black South African culture 

So I am not saying albino Africans get used for body parts and cut up all the time ...that is rare but does happen. So my point about there " MORE " privilege has nothing to do with them getting cut up but just how African society sees them 

:)

John Milton 

Here's a tip, next time you accuse other people on this board of not being able to comprehend English properly, why don't you learn to write basic thoughts in that language first.

I believe you Barti....its obvious you are not good at basic English comprehension. But I wouldn't feel bad about this, its not like English is your first language ermm.gif

Yeah that was painfully obvious...you [Amentep] would have made things much easier if you just said like me " I'm not great on grammar" happy0203.gif

:lol:

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Look at you, now I can't construct a sentence in plain English. Lets really try insult people in some really irrelevant and childish way. And when did I exactly say people can't comprehend English? If you are going to use  the Barti example I was teasing him...as in not being serious. But I tell you what TN...just make blanket assumptions about me and my motives. Thats much easier than asking me :geek:

I believe you Barti....its obvious you are not good at basic English comprehension. But I wouldn't feel bad about this, its not like English is your first language ermm.gif

Yeah that was painfully obvious...you [Amentep] would have made things much easier if you just said like me " I'm not great on grammar" happy0203.gif

:lol:

I'm funny hey Barti....admit it I make you laugh  :biggrin:

John Milton