Deer shapeshift without antlers (for females)?

Can someone make a mod so that there's the option to shapeshift into a deer without antlers? It's way too awkward to shapeshift into a stag since I'm playing as a female character.

I should pick a more gender-neutral shapeshift, but the deer was my favorite....

Does, Hinds and whatnot sometimes develop antlers as well.

Edit: Rare except amongst Reindeer but it does ocassionally happen, if that helps maintain your head canon at all.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So all female druids shapeshift into rare antlered does? Although I guess if all deer in the world have fangs like that deer hat has then these aren't our world's deer.

Yeah.... only male deers have antlers. Absurd exceptions due to hormonal malfunctions don't really count in my opinion.

I'm kinda pissed - imagine if you had a male druid character, who sprouted nice breasts everytime he turned into a werewolf. :/

I guess I am forced to pick another shapeshift. I'll go with the usual, typical werewolf... sigh....

So all female druids shapeshift into rare antlered does? Although I guess if all deer in the world have fangs like that deer hat has then these aren't our world's deer.

Yeah.... only male deers have antlers. Absurd exceptions due to hormonal malfunctions don't really count in my opinion.

This is not completely universal. Female reindeer and caribou (thought to be the same species but looking different depending on whether they live in or out of North America) can/do grow antlers.

Eora is also a fantasy setting with some fantasy species, like the stelgaer, which have "a tiger-like build, lion-like main and tail, 'sabre' teeth, and a spotted coat." Who's to say there aren't some fictional species of deer in this universe (maybe not reindeer or caribou per se) that have females with antlers?

Plus, the antlers look cool. I LOVE playing a female nature godlike who spirit-shifts into a huge antlered deer; it was my second character right out of the starting gate, after my wild orlan ranger.

Rather than getting mad about it, I just shrug and figure it's a caribou spiritshift or a fictional species of deer whose females can grow antlers, and move on.

Edited by Faerunner
  • Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

This is not completely universal. Female reindeer and caribou (thought to be the same species but looking different depending on whether they live in or out of North America) can/do grow antlers.

Eora is also a fantasy setting with some fantasy species, like the stelgaer, which have "a tiger-like build, lion-like main and tail, 'sabre' teeth, and a spotted coat." Who's to say there aren't some fictional species of deer in this universe (maybe not reindeer or caribou per se) that have females with antlers?

Plus, the antlers look cool. I LOVE playing a female nature godlike who spirit-shifts into a huge antlered deer; it was my second character right out of the starting gate, after my wild orlan ranger.

Rather than getting mad about it, I just shrug and figure it's a caribou spiritshift or a fictional species of deer whose females can grow antlers, and move on.

Except that the shapeshift form is referred as a STAG, and looks like a stag.

It's a case of a person who isn't much into nature, and doesn't distinguish a female animal from a male animal, versus a person like me, who can see so obviously that the stag is a male that it ruins her immersion.

Is it worth mentioning that the reason female Reindeer have antlers is because they are useful for digging through snow and frozen topsoil in search of food (and also so Santa has somewhere to hang bells)?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The option of female forms was brought up earlier in development - but it would have added to the budget (not just making, but testing and animating - change the mesh and the armatures + weight-mapping need adjusting too).

Would be nice to see in the future - perhaps in PoE2 or through mods.

My biggest gripe with the spiritshifting is that it's static - overpowered early and underpowered later - needs to develop with the character through all the levels.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I'm kinda pissed - imagine if you had a male druid character, who sprouted nice breasts everytime he turned into a werewolf. :/

I wouldn't mind if that was the way it worked. For example, if in POE setting your gaining a spiritshift is specific to an animal encounter (like Hiravias and the Stelgaer) then in theory the form for your spiritshift could be randomly male or female depending on what you encountered when acquiring the form as the form would be based off of that specific animal with respect to gender

I guess I am forced to pick another shapeshift. I'll go with the usual, typical werewolf... sigh....

You probably want to avoid the Boar shapeshift as well then; its canine teeth are, based on the direction and size, too large to represent a female boar from my understanding.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Except that the shapeshift form is referred as a STAG, and looks like a stag.

It's a case of a person who isn't much into nature, and doesn't distinguish a female animal from a male animal, versus a person like me, who can see so obviously that the stag is a male that it ruins her immersion.

It looks like a stag, because of people like you who think "only male deer have antlers." A few things about the classes are put in the game description that are based on in-universe characters' beliefs about them, like the nature of the godlike and what gives the priest and paladin classes their magic ability.

I'd rather think it's called a stag because most people in-universe think it looks like a stag (even if it's a female deer by a spiritshifted female godlike) than get pointlessly angry and choose to stew in my anger.

If it bothers you so much though, then pick another spiritshift.

Edited by Faerunner

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.