cannot free Giacco (Raedricks Keep)

MikeExp

Question

So I have killed a lot of people in Raedricks Keep. Then some fights got too hard and I left the place. I finally returned, could kill a few more guards and found this high priest who told me to free some guy called giacco in the dungeon. The dungeon I had already picked clean. So I wondered and returned there to take a look around. I finally found Giacco in a cell. The door is supposed to get open by fighting some kind of animancer (in the next room) called Osrya. Apparently - I don't even remember this - I already talked to her coz she just stands there and I am not able to talk to her about this giacco guy. I also cannot pick the lock due to nobody able to do so.

What other possibilites do I now have to open the door except to wander on and wait until someone is able to pick the lock?

In my opinion this is a bug since there should be an option - after you have already talked to osrya - to talk to her again about the prisoner.

Edited by MikeExp

8 answers to this question

If you killed Nedmar you can tell that to Osyra then kill her to get the key to the cell.  Giacco is her prisoner and will probably be used for one of her experiments; therefore she is not about to set him free.  If you have at least mechanics 4 your party can pick the lock and then tell Nedmar he is free. Then you can kill Osyra after killing Nedmar to maximize experience  gained.  If you need it, the inn in Gilded Vale has a room that gives +1 mechanics when resting.

Thank you for your answer and for suggesting a solution.

Nevertheless you should at least be able to talk to Osyra about this. That she won't willingly part with her prisoner is clear but you should at least have the possibility to ask her about it. Right now if I want to talk to her, the game does not even enter dialogue mode but she just mutters something in the normal in-game view. Also there is no hint to kill Nedmar since she does not say anything about killing him.

I do see that this problem is easily solvable - as you described - but nevertheless this seems to be a story bug since it is completely unclear what the player is supposed to do and the game does not give him any hints.

Actually, if you go into the dungeon area through the sewer grate instead of climbing the vines, when you get to Osyra she does discuss getting rid of Nedmar.  Also, if you have not killed Nedmar after you use the vine route first Osyra will have the get rid of him dialogue also.  Seems that if you kill him before talking to her then the dialogue option doesn't occur.

... when you get to Osyra she does discuss getting rid of Nedmar...

She doesn't discuss it if you pass a skill check and tell her that you're there on behalf of Raedric. If you choose that option, you can't initiate a dialogue with her afterwards.

... when you get to Osyra she does discuss getting rid of Nedmar...

She doesn't discuss it if you pass a skill check and tell her that you're there on behalf of Raedric. If you choose that option, you can't initiate a dialogue with her afterwards.

True, she wouldn't want to lose favor with Raedric by having you kill his priest in that case.  She would assume you would report her if she brought up the subject since she believes he sent you.

The door is supposed to get open by fighting some kind of animancer (in the next room) called Osrya. Apparently - I don't even remember this - I already talked to her coz she just stands there and I am not able to talk to her about this giacco guy. I also cannot pick the lock due to nobody able to do so.

One general thing about this. You won't be very happy as the game progresses if noone in your party has mechanics. That lock isn't even hard to pick.

The door is supposed to get open by fighting some kind of animancer (in the next room) called Osrya. Apparently - I don't even remember this - I already talked to her coz she just stands there and I am not able to talk to her about this giacco guy. I also cannot pick the lock due to nobody able to do so.

One general thing about this. You won't be very happy as the game progresses if noone in your party has mechanics. That lock isn't even hard to pick.

That door requires mechanics 4.  The highest level trap in the dungeon is 7.  You need mechanics to get into some areas and to disarm traps on chests in this game.