Okay it's the 27th, where's our physical goods?

Did you guys email Paradox about your physical copies?

My backer portal also says "shipping soon" and I got my rewards over a month ago, so it doesn't really count.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I don't mind the wait at all, but Jeebus, the radio-silence regarding shipping of the physical goods is downright unprofessional. If either Obsidian or Paradox just gave us even a tiny update every 2 weeks or it would have been fine. At first they said they'd release it, then they said after 1.04, and now with 1.06 beta out on Steam already and ready to release, we STILL hear nothing about it.

If possible, I would even prefer my physical disc to have the "final" patch integrated into the installer for archival purposes, but seriously, Obsidian/Paradox needs to have better communication with physical rewards backers.

• Like 1

Did you guys email Paradox about your physical copies?

My backer portal also says "shipping soon" and I got my rewards over a month ago, so it doesn't really count.

Only collector's edition boxes and other rewards that people getting those have been posted. Those who backed for standard edition box have still not received any of their physical rewards as far as I know. If I remember correctly they said that they will send them same time with game discs, which should in my estimate have come out or come out soon from manufacturing, as it about month from patch 1.04, which was version that they decided to put on the discs. So I would guess that people in USA will start to receive their packets in first weeks of June and other people end of June or beginning of July. 

I don't think anyone, anywhere, has received the regular physical goods (a few have received the Collector's Edition version from what I see in these forums).

The lack of communication from Obsidian/Paradox is unacceptable.

SHIPPING SOON

Right now, I don't even see anywhere here to have pre-ordered the Boxed Set version.  I greatly dislike digital copies of games,, and thought this game really sounded great, but this sort of unprofessional situation is very discouraging.

• Like 1

Kiwi

June 2nd, and no physical copy here either.  Nice to know they're patching the game, and still making updates - I get the Kickstarter emails - but some word on when the physical goods will ship would be very welcome.

• Like 1

Yeah, kinda crummy this latest update they dont even mention the status of our shipment or just a general, hey we havent forgotten.

@ Kiwi, I know same here with the digital copies. The shipping soon comment was a joke, its the wording for shipping status on our orders page, its said that since the game released.

• Like 1

Really annoyed. I dislike that the "Collector's" edition was sent out and not the others. Started playing the Witcher 3 at this point. Didn't love the combat of Pillars anyway, and definitely not a BGII spiritual successor. Getting really, really pissed. It's been months. Why bother to vote in polls about physical copies, even if you're in the $100 tier, if you don't get your physical goods? I wanted to be able to read a real instruction manual and play, but no. I would never go with your distributor again, if that is the problem.

The updates I am receiving just add insult to injury. Hurry the hell up. I have been badmouthing the Bard's Tale and regaling this tale to every gamer I know due to my increasingly escalating agitation. 

Don't send out updates about other stuff when you can't even fulfill your backers' loot.

Edited by madglee
  • Like 1

well, guys I must have spoken too fast : I had the mail, the shipment was supposed to arrive "June 10, 2015 - June 12, 2015" (sic)... guess what ? It has not arrived. No tracking available, of course.

I can encourage anyone in this situation to write to Obsidian's support + Paradox support (webshop@paradoxplaza.com), telling them that you may want to get refund of your Kickstarter backing if they don't speed up a little and communicate... I'm so upset. Last chance is to see the goods arrive on monday or tuesday for me, else it will be a disaster.

Edited by Labeste

We all need refunds anyway.

The condition of these boxes from those of us who have got this is pathetic, they didn't even package and wrap it properly and looks like something you'd see crushed and battered at the bottom of a bargain bin.