Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1.05] Some issues with NPC dialogue post-Act II

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Matt516

Matt516

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Steam:Pungent Raindeer King
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Many NPCs don't seem to realize certain things have happened. In particular:

Commander Clyver's dialogue is exactly the same after returning to Defiance Bay in Act III, which makes very little sense. He was explaining to me what a Crucible Knight is and that sort of thing. I supported the Crucible Knights in Act II, and given that fact and what happened at the end of Act II, you would think his dialogue would be different.

Also, I went back to Heritage Hill for a bounty (also in Act III) and one of the guards outside talked to me as if I had never fixed Heritage Hill. Talking about unnatural noises that started months ago and that sort of thing.

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I also had a weird thing happen after act 2.

Spoilers regarding crucible knights quest:

Spoiler

Edited by Marky, 27 May 2015 - 02:19 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Open your journal and observe that you are currently in chapter III and all chapter II quests have been completed.

Observe in particular that Heritage Hill's quest has been completed.

Talk to the justicar in front of Heritage Hill's entrance.
Observe that his dialog is the same as what it was before the quest was completed and the area cleared; it doesn't take into account that Heritage Hill has been cleaned up.

You may use the same saved game to travel to First Fires and go talk to Commander Clyver in Crucible Knight Keep.

• Matt516 and Marky like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users