agreed on the tank aspect lol but my paladin is exactly that. This is my first time playing through ( I am playing on hard) and I know this game can be very unforgiving so I am scared haha. hes got 130 deflection and extremely high Fort, Reflex and Will...I have a feeling once I am through this playthough and more comfortable my tanks will be more offensive.

I went through potd with a saber wielding Paladin with the Oathsworn buckler. Took only shield style and maxed out faith and conviction. He only had 13 in perception and resolve and he tanked just fine. He had 19 in might and I used him as a healer as I didnt have a priest or druid and with a healing flame and strange mercy he did just fine (kind wayfarer). Even though he was rather offensively built he ended with around 119 in deflection.

But I have kind of given up on shield melee classes. Paladins, fighters, monks and barbarians have no need for shields. I have used them with either 2 handed or 2 weapons on potd and the do just fine. Indeed when your barbarian is frenzied with well over 30 in might, surrounded and laying about him with a superb rending estoc then you'll understand the meaning of carnage.

When your monk is the last one standing after your party has gone down after being mass paralyzed and singel handedly takes down the last 2 Cean Gwlas and 5 adra animats. Then you know the meaning of Torments Reach.

So drop your shield warrior and do some damage.

The most easy way is to use an unkillable Solo Tank that Needs no Heal. He tanks all enemies around him while you pets are a Screen or more away before they attack.

Other Way: Heal your Pets with other Priest and such. But i think even the tanky pets are not made to truly tank.

These forums exaggerate problems. The animal companion is fine, you just have to play it correctly. I'm playing a Ranger with a lion companion and it's been pretty fun. Yeah he died a lot early on, but then again so did some of my human companions. It gets easier, like with anything, when you are a higher level. I'm now at level 11 and my lion has almost as many hit points as Eder. I use Takedown a lot because the lion's fast and I'll have him hit someone hard first and then have other party characters pile on after. You just have to be a little more aware and protective of your animal companion, don't get it surrounded by enemies, it's not a tank. I usually send him out and around the battle to hit people from the sides or the back if there's room to flank an enemy. Or hold him back with my ranger to protect him while he's firing off arrows. I also have a lot of the skills that combine with your animal so I usually target an enemy with both ranger and lion if possible. (sometimes I just have my ranger pick off any enemy that's near death to start putting down enemies quickly to free up my front line to bash something else).

Does Sagani's Pet have take down? I don't see it anywhere lol when I highlight the pet it has no hot bar at all.  PS I have stopped having issues with the pet as long as he is only tanking one enemy it isn't bad.

Have gun will travel.

^I think takedown is an option at level-up for Sagani's Fox - can be taken as a class talent.

(Then I think the option is under Sagani's bar - not sure as I didn't take it, but 'Master's Call' was there and this is probably something else the ranger would tell their companion to do)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Wait until everyone is in position, then send in your pet.

That's it.

Ya that's pretty much it lol

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.