Game fails to update beyond 2.1.0.3, now crashes

argan

Question

Hi,

So because I encountered the bug with Trials of Durance, I downloaded this fix, which worked for the vanilla version of the game.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73209-the-trials-of-durance/page-2

I have since decided to try and patch it up (with the GOG patches, since I have that version of the game). However, when trying to patch it to 2.1.1.3 it says in the patch_log.txt "incorrect versions of (the files in the durance fix). But the game still runs, so I decide to try and patch it to the latest version. Then it says "there were some errors", and the log file is full of them, attaching it here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rgmieb

When I try to run PoE I get the error

"Runtime error!

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information".

and the game crashes. Why is this, and how can it be resolved? It worked perfectly fine before. I am attaching the DxDiag file, not sure how it will be of help though. Seems like the patches broke it? Or was it because I used the durance fix?

Edit: I replaced the "fixed" durance files with the old ones and tried applying the patch again...somehow it worked. I just hope there's nothing broken resulting from this.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by argan

4 answers to this question

So the safest bet might be do to a fresh re-install and then apply the patches one by one without adding that fix?

Hi Argan,

Yes, I think thats the best move. Hopefully this will correct your issue.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Got it. Just to check; if I copy the entire saves folder, that is all I need for the saved games to be copied, right?

Also, is the bug mentioned in the linked topic above fixed in the latest patch? It seems I was not alone in having it...I guess Durance is tricky to debug, with all those conversation trees...

Edited by argan