Cannot install 1.0.4

mightyjules

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm guessing GoG would be the one to contact re: issues with their installers. They have their own tech support and forums.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Salutations,

I experienced the same situation. The GOG patch reported that I had the wrong game version installed.

I ended up deleting all Pillars Of Eternity files from my computer. Re-downloaded everything. Reinstalled from the start. Patch one, then patch two.

The game is now working! Albeit, I have to start all over. I didn't save any save game files.

Edited by wdboyds

Try this:

(reinstall) the 1.03 patch, then install 1.04.

I have a hunch that GoG re-updated the 1.03 patch with the subsequent hotfix. Thus, if you installed GoG's initial 1.03, you may not have the hotfix applied, thus the version check fails.  Total speculation, but I had to reinstall 1.03 before I could install 1.04.

Try this:

I have a hunch that GoG re-updated the 1.03 patch with the subsequent hotfix. Thus, if you installed GoG's initial 1.03, you may not have the hotfix applied, thus the version check fails.  Total speculation, but I had to reinstall 1.03 before I could install 1.04.

Might this apply for Steam users too? I can't launch the game due to a "corrupt file" after a very troubled download. 

Try this:

Might this apply for Steam users too? I can't launch the game due to a "corrupt file" after a very troubled download. 

Steam does it's own auto-patching thing so I highly doubt this applies to your problem.  

Argh. Then I have no idea what is going on :( Oh well, at least I know now. Thank you. 

Verify cache on Steam. See if that works.

I already did at request of a dev on my post. I did, and it still has issues. Goes back and forth on installing and verifying and essentially refuses to download now. Hours of it.