Fire godlike retaliate - monk or barbarian?

Dear all,

about to start the game and trying to come up with ideas for a good player character in relation to party. 

I've read about a fire godlike build based on battleforged and have seen a monk build (enverxis) as well as one for a barbarian (http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74074-my-fire-barbarian-tankish-build/) and am now wondering which of the two would be the best fit with a party as follows:

tank 1: Edar companion

tank 2: paladin hired adventurer?

second line 1: PC (monk/barb retaliate, secondliner I guess? 

second line 2: Druid companion 

ranged dps 1: wizard companion

ranged 2: Priest companion

questions to you experienced players:

I. which of the PC options would you recommend? monk or barb retaliate? I am aiming for fund also in the first half of the game, so only lvl12 awesome builds are not what i am looking for.

II. what do you think of party composition? drop the druid for another hired monk /barb (the one i wont pick as main char)?

III. Drop the monk/barb retaliate build altogether and go for a paladin PC?

Many thanks in advance, I am looking forward to this amazing game!

Best,

VV

Barbarian, but it's bugged to all hell. Things will melt, but they certainly aren't intended and you might as well put the game on Easy/Normal.

I'm avoiding playing the Barbarian until they do a bugfix pass on them and we know what's intended and what's not.

Thanks, that is good to know. i dont want a too OP build that takes the fun out. how well does a fire monk retaliate play? Or maybe a paladin as pc for added roleplaying depth.

What do you think of the party composition?

Thanks, that is good to know. i dont want a too OP build that takes the fun out. how well does a fire monk retaliate play? Or maybe a paladin as pc for added roleplaying depth.

What do you think of the party composition?

For lower difficluties it may work. But truth is retaliate and Fire-God Like burn is the heaven of barbarian. You can try to do it with monk but you won't have even half effectiveness of barbarian.

I am now soloing PotD with Fire-God Like barbarian and it is not so easy OP. You are not moon-like so you have to play game smart to get your hands on retaliation shield and also gear up as fast as you can. I am yet to judge if I would have more success later game with Moon God-Like

Either way- if you wanna retaliation build- only barb.

Barbarian, but it's bugged to all hell. Things will melt, but they certainly aren't intended and you might as well put the game on Easy/Normal.

I'm avoiding playing the Barbarian until they do a bugfix pass on them and we know what's intended and what's not.

I wouldn't go so far as to avoid playing barb altogether.  Just don't choose One Stands Alone... or is there another bugged barb ability?