Today's another great day of victory, Thaos died once again, but this time by the hand of a cruel and merciless Bleak Walker!
This time I'm going to go a bit more in the details of the build that I used for my hero.
0. Introduction: Why a Paladin? Why a Bleak walker?
- It's a good challenge to play a bad and mean character in a rpg
- Paladins get bonus stats if you roleplay, and I was intrested in that kind of gameplay
- Not the most common class used to solo the game, and I love new challenges
- Not so many active and offensive skills, so a bit annoying the early levels
- Extremely gear dependant
- No shadowing beyond
- Might 18+
- Constitution 18+
- Rest of the stats 10
Constitution is the best stat to solo the game in my opinion. Some fights are really long (especially the last one) and without enough of Cons, you will not survive.
Might is great, but I guess you can balance it with some Dex if you want to attack faster.
- Athletics 2/3 (80/90% Combat fatigue reduction, essential imo)
- Lore 2: You will need it the first part of the game to use flame fan scrolls for Caed Nua
- Mechanics 10+ : OverPowered. Free traps, Free loot, Free XP all along the game. A Must have
- Stealth: Optionnal, but still good to take when the rest is maxed out
3. Abilities & Talents
- Faith and Conviction + Deep Faith: a must have to solo the game. Free defensive points
- Lay on Hands: Free heal once per encounter
- Cautious Attack (+10 Deflection)
- Superior Deflection (+5 Deflection)
- Unstoppable (+10 Defense against Blind, Daze, Hobble, Prone, Stuck)
- Mental Fortress (+10 Defense against Charm, Confusion, Domination, Fear, Terror)
- Zealous Endurance (+3 RD)
- Sworn Enemy (Nice damage boost for single target)
Those are Core Items, the rest of the gear is up to what you will find.
- Outworn Buckler (Merchant Gilded Vale)
- Gaun's Share (First dungeon, Gilded Vale)
- Blunting Belt (Merchant, Gilded Vale)
- Ring of Minor Deflection (Merchant/chest)
- Plate Armor (Backer next to the tree, Gilded Vale)
- Fire fan scrolls (Crafting + Chest)
- Oaken Scarab Figurine (Hidden cache, Copperlane close to the comedians)
- Iridescent Scarab Figurine (Heritage Hill)
- Obsidian Lamp Figurine (First Fire)
- Rotfinger Gloves (Merchant in Ondra's Gift)
- Sanguine Plate (Task: The Forgotten)
- Ring of Deflection (Merchant in Copperlane)
- Gaze of the Adragan's Trap (Merchant, Copperlane)
- Blesca's Labor (Merchant, Hearthsong)
- Purgatory (On the way from Stormwall Gorge to Elmshore, group from the Key)
- Animancer's Boots (on a corpse during the riot, end of act 2)
- Bartender's ring (Locked chest, Copperlane)
- Boots of Speed (Random loot)
- Health potions (Craft)
Screens of the Stats of my character here:
- Attributes: http://i.imgur.com/1EfSeLU.jpg
- Gear Bonuses: http://i.imgur.com/d2bAMEj.jpg
- Abilities and Talent: http://i.imgur.com/yaHjino.jpg
Final Boss Video: http://youtu.be/8GkU_V3gKVM
I hope you enjoyed the video and the Build, if you need more explanations, feel free to ask as always
Edited by I am Catharsis, 11 April 2015 - 05:34 PM.