Greetings, all!

I'm currently soloing Path of the Damned.  How common are camping supplies?  I'm level 3 going on level 4 and my character (a Fire Godlike Chanter with full stats here) hasn't rested yet.  I'm relying on kiting and summoning to get foes' attention.  Yes, I'm at Critical Fatigue, but there's no Critical Critical Fatigue in this game, meaning I'm free to stealth and steal things throughout the game world!  Mwahahaha!

Yes, camping supplies.

How prevalant are they?  Can I run out?  I'm still exploring the overworld map's northwest portion.  I found 3 sets of camping supplies so far (1 in Cilant Lis and 2 in the next area).  I have money to stay at inns, but there's the matter of avoiding fatigue when I transition maps.  (I have 0 Athletics and no Stronghold.)

you wont find that many, its not so much that you need them, its more that your accuracy tanks and fights become even slower, trust me when you start going against harder mobs you are gonna want to maximise your dps, my chanter is full tank and his dps is abysmal, ive put all my eggs in that level 3 chants for aoe fire damage

Resting is free in the inn tho

Not true in later inns, although by that point the fees are easily affordable anyway.

Also, there are places where it's pretty inconvenient to pull out and go to inn (or to buy more camping supplies) and go back.

How prevalant are they?  Can I run out?  I'm still exploring the overworld map's northwest portion.  I found 3 sets of camping supplies so far (1 in Cilant Lis and 2 in the next area).  I have money to stay at inns, but there's the matter of avoiding fatigue when I transition maps.  (I have 0 Athletics and no Stronghold.)

Ok so first of all, if you wanna solo the PotD, I would really advise you to put at least 15 points in constitution so you can handle more that 1 fight before resting.

In addition to this, 3 Points in Athletics is a must. This way, your character won't have the Fatigue debuff after 2 or 3 fights (and believe me, you don't want this).

The Campfire are a Security in this mode. That means that I strongly advice you to always use them if you only have a urgent need. Use the inns as much as possible (some of them are free, some others are for 25 coins). For this reason, everytime you enter an Inn, refill your campfire stock.

Believe me on this, you don't wanna start all over again just because you're stuck at a point of no way back and you don't have anything left to rest.

Seems like OP has plan with 0 Athletics hence the question about availability of supplies. As I said there are on every map so one does not have to go back  cheese and exploit the free Inn ..lol This may apply for party play though.  

The thing is, what is the minimum and least risky way to reach level 4 and to have means of dealing with 2 tough encounters at Caed Nua?

Temple is generally not good option. The toughest fights are probably Ranga tasks - the skirmisher with stun is just lol. Ferry Flotsam are 2 relatively weak mobs. Without doing Late for Dinner at level 3 with ease one can forget about PotD right here. Blacksmith is stealth. Bears are probably no go without reload. Wolves are so so.  And Mill is talk only. Then its possible to isolate few mobs for exp and explore every "map". I certainly rested more than once doing Ranga so I was all In,

Edited by knownastherat

Yeah, well then I would like to understand well what he aims for.

If it's for the roleplay, i understand it. But by reading his post, we could also believe that he doesn't know that we can buy supplies in the inns... Just saying..

Tbh sinking 2 points into athletics is sooooo worth it, i put it off till i was level 6 or so and the difference in how much money i spent on camping supplies was monumental, its not even funny, 3 points into athletics reduces your combat fatigue by 80% lol. As it is ive got:

3 stealth

2 athletics

7 lore

8 mechanics

2 survival.

Most fights i either avoid entirely or attack straight on (well with kiting and summons but still) so stelath isnt that helpful, 7 lore lets me use level 3 scrolls and it is so worth it, msot fights i go in with 1-2 figurines and 2 stacks of scrolls depending what resistances im fighting the lightingning ball one is sooo good against people in armor.

Edited by Ceranai