int rest

res max

i thought, with a lot of might, the tank regenerates more endurance

and even more when i take moon godlike.

or he does more burn damage as fire godlike

what do you guys think?

might or con?

and what race would you recommend?

i want a race that is about human hight, so elven human or godlike is my favourite here

(i wish there were better moon godlike heads and portraits, i just don't like them)

Edited by mahe4

With good defense stats fighter tanks rarely take damage in most encounters (even on PotD), but they really don't deal any damage either. I would probably just take constitution for the extra health and endurance. As far as race goes just take the one you want to play unless you really want to min-max, in the end it won't make much difference for your combat performance.

Height is not determined necessarily by class but appearance.

What difficulty do you plan to play on, what will be your party composition and how you like to play?

when i talked about hight, it was just about appearance. i just wanted to say, that i don't want to play a small race as my main character.

oh and i want to play on hard with only companion npcs.

Indeed. You can pick any race you like for RP or stats and then any height you like for looks. Con is probably good investment, maxed with high Deflection some aggro management - talents allowing the tank to engage more enemies. That is all there is to for standard game play. Hard with in game companions is absolutely fine.

Nobody likes to play Nature Godlike I've noticed. When bellow 50% Endurance +3 Mig + 2 Con and + 2 Dex is not too shabby. There are probably "better" picks but if one can mange to keep tank bellow those 50% consistently the bonus is significant.

Wild Orlans get -1 Might, +2 Perception, +1 Resolve, and every time they get hit with an attack that targets their Will, they get +10 to all defenses. I'd say they're basically the ultimate race for Deflection tanks.

^This.

I made my Chanter Tank like that and it's working well. Would be the same for a Fighter Tank.

Might is great if you're cheesing retaliation. Otherwise, your talents will mostly be for tanking and your damage will suck anyway, so go Con.

Also I don't see a great reason to put anything into Int for fighters, their active abilities with durations are limited and last long enough w/out high int. I'd balance Con and Int out if maxing Might/Per/Res, especially on PotD where health pool for a tank can be important.

Might because it affects fighter's in-built regeneration, so it's damage and healing in one package. And as you said, with Moon Godlike in the mix you can even dump Con, although I won't recommend it since you're also dumping one of the saving throws that way.

For my tanks I usually go with 10 Con.

Edited by Shadenuat

Might is great if you're cheesing retaliation. Otherwise, your talents will mostly be for tanking and your damage will suck anyway, so go Con.

Generally true, but it bears that Moon Godlike get increased self-healing from Might, and so get a lot more out of Might overall.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I would generally advice against both Constitution and Might on a Tank, but in this case, if you're set on Moonlike, definitely Might.

I would still advise maxing Intellect and putting the rest in Might in this case, though. Even if Might is better for you than for most tanks, Intellect is still better (as always).

t50aJUd.jpg

If you dump int down to 3 you can max might, per and res. This will give you good tanking stats along with max damage. For con you can leave at 10 or even drop to 7 or 8 and place the extra in dex for faster attacks.

Int on a fighter just affects the knockdown or accuracy buff duration, 5 second knockdown at 10 or 3.5 sec at 3 with an extra 7 points to put somewhere useful.

You can go weapon focus, spec and mastery for +25% damage and +6 acc. Go with two handed weapons for bigger damage and better armor penetration. Estocs are really nice and are paired with warbows, another choice is soldier for great swords, pikes and arquebus.

Instead of making a damage sponge armed with a hatchet doing minimum damage, go for big damage two handers while still being able to tank well enough. Two handed style gains 15% damage and gives up 6 deflection and some reflex saves compared to sword and shield style.

• Like 1

I was going to say the same as KDubya.  Dump Intelligence to 3.  Constitution is 10.  Might is 16 to 20 range.  Dexterity 15 or 16.  divide the rest into perception and resolve.  You can use a large shield with 16 deflection if you use a spear with accuracy.

I generally agree with the last two posters, if only because dumping both Might and Constitution will give you a dismal Fortitude save. Reflex is the only save you can really afford to drop the ball on, since your shield will make up the difference.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Dump Int and dex, max res/per/con, rest goes to might. you get around 17 might as a dwarf.

As for a race the giants with bonuses against prone and stun are prolly the best but they are kind augly i prefer to take dwarf with poison resist. 

Races like "flame aura for free" or "resist cold/fire for free" are kinda like cheating imo.

Dump Int and dex, max res/per/con, rest goes to might. you get around 17 might as a dwarf.

As for a race the giants with bonuses against prone and stun are prolly the best but they are kind augly i prefer to take dwarf with poison resist. 

Races like "flame aura for free" or "resist cold/fire for free" are kinda like cheating imo.

I can understand thinking Fire or Moon are overpowered right now but Pale Elf is really, really mild. It is nice against a few particular enemy types but nothing close to "cheating" and arguably on of the weaker choices since it's situational. Main thing is that Shades/Shadows/Phantoms are plentiful enough to make the Freeze resist decent.

Constitution is the one stat I consider poorly implemented. High HP classes like Fighter and Barbarian don't need extra HP to survive in encounters, and low HP characters don't get enough of a benefit from constitution as a result of them having a very low base HP to work with. Assuming you care about your Fortitude save (and it is quite important for a front-line fighter) just dump all your constitution into might and then build your tank like you normally would; high perception and resolve, decent dex and intelligence. 

• Like 2