Friendly fire, ability descriptions, errors and/or bugs

So I was googling for help about this and came across a reddit post from just a few hours ago that hits it right on the money:

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/318kjy/foe_aoe_vs_skill_description_question/

Some abilities' written "flavor" descriptions conflict with the more detailed "stat" descriptions below, and sometimes even the detailed descriptions are innaccurate.

I'm a brand-new player and haven't even left camp yet, but already I know Mind Wave is one such case. The description says it hits "characters" in the area, below it says it is a Foe AoE, and it isn't. It really does hit everyone. My ally's green circle at her feet turns to show she is targeted when I pass it over her. Which is unfortunate, because at 120 degrees, you basically have to be tanking alone to not touch allies with it.

Edit: OK, I just tried it again and her circle didn't change. Also the yellow portion of the arc from Intellect is gone.

Edited by PugPug
  • Like 1

I find this infuriating, playing for the first time and being clueless about the magic spells I'm picking, I have to trust the description it shows me just to realize they actually hit allies as well. I hope a mod that fixes this appears or they rephrase those spells.

I find this infuriating, playing for the first time and being clueless about the magic spells I'm picking, I have to trust the description it shows me just to realize they actually hit allies as well. I hope a mod that fixes this appears or they rephrase those spells.

Save the game before leveling up, so you can try out all of your options before deciding.

Or make a new character and use console commands to level them up to test out everything in the tutorial.

Maybe in the future some players might put together an Unofficial Game Manual or something, but right now we kinda have to figure everything out the hard way.

Edited by Daemonjax