1.03: Hotfix for Problem with Adventurer Hall Companions

Version 1.03.0526 - steam: The bug with adventurers' voicesets disappearing is not fixed.

I don't know whether this is the "hotfixed" version or merely the "patched" version (what happened with posting full version numbers in updates?), but my Steam client was on auto-update.

Haven't checked the lockpicking bug yet, but the voiceset bug is extremely annoying and 100% persisting. It removes any possibility of hiring new adventurers other than your first full party, because all new ones will have no voices AND the ones you swap via Stronghold will also lose their voicesets.

Really hoped Obsidian fixed this in 1.03, but apparently not.

Edited by Lord Vicious

We should have a Kickstarter to bring back traditional sized hot-fixes!

Then we would need a kickstarter for the Unity engine.

The reason behind the large "hotfixes" and patches (also seen at Wasteland 2) is the Unity engine, which

makes it impossible to do small stuff without having to update everything else.

so go, tell Unity they need a kickstarter for better patching experience.

I doubt they'll listen. ^^

The problem is Steam, not Unity.

Edited by TheForumTroll

579mb patch seems excessive for a hot fix.

We should have a Kickstarter to bring back traditional sized hot-fixes!

Or QA. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When is the GoG version of this hotfix going to be released? My entire experience is annihilated. I just want this bug fixed so I can go back to loving this 5/5 game. I didn't care about the dub-bug nearly as much as this one. :(

I don't know whether this is related or not but on build 1.03.530 I am still experiencing your created characters (Gilded Vale inn) are muted if your party roster is larger than six.

Same here, this bug is still not fixed, and it destroys the possibility of experimenting with various builds while progressing the story. Once you've created a full party, you're stuck - all new adventurers will be without voice sets, and any existing adventurers you swap via rosters will permanently lose voicesets. Which, of course, breaks immersion and thus blocks story progression, at least for this player.