Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patch broke Knock Down?

bug knockdown prone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cronstintein

Cronstintein

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Now Eder can't knock people prone anymore?! ARRGGGHHh this is actually worse for me than all the bugs that got fixed >.<

He can successfully land it but it's always 0.0 sec prone.... ie: broken.

EDIT: Huh so I rolled up another fighter for testing and her KD seems fine so something got messed up specifically on Eder on my save as it was being patched.  Tried removing him and re-adding him to the party and no luck so far but I'll keep experimenting.  If anyone else has run into this and knows a fix, please let me know.

EDIT2: Weirder and weirder.  It's only affected my latest 3 saves.  If I go back further than that he's acting normal.  I'll end up losing a couple hours but that might be what I have to do at this point.

Edited by Cronstintein, 03 April 2015 - 11:05 AM.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My Edér can knock be down as usual.

Torhal

Torhal

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I successfully knocked down an Ogre after the patch, so it seems to be working here.

Cronstintein

Cronstintein

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Oh man so I went back a few saves and it fixed Eder so on I went.  Then today I used my main (cipher) KD ability and it has the same problem. 0.0 sec duration, blarg!  Luckily I don't use that one very much so life goes on, but it's freaking weird!  None of the other spells have any duration issues.  It does the prone animation but the baddies immediately get back to their feet.

aecarter2

aecarter2

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Knock down is still working for my fighters, but my spells that cause prone (Slicken, Deep Slumber) are now having 0.0 duration even when they "crit" . They still do the knock down animation but they just get up immediately

Cronstintein

Cronstintein

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Did you have a save going already when 1.03 went live or did you start a new game since then?

durbal

durbal

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 142 posts

Some characters get bugged where every prone ability they use will only induce a 0.0 sec prone duration.  I made a thread about this issue a few days ago.

Cronstintein

Cronstintein

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Do you know what caused it? Mine started as soon as 1.03 went live.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, knockdown, prone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users