So.. there are health restoration talents in the game that look to cool.. only to find out they give you back garbage levels of less than 5) (as lose as 20-30ish).. The idea behind them is sound but to waste a talent on such garbage when your character total health can easily reach 500+ is silly. This needs to be boosted for this talent to be worthwhile. I saw it on one of the npcs and I was gonna take it for my character but not now as it be a waste. It should be 100+ a boost from might + level maybe.

That is all as The Volourn has typed. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't take them at any value. Id just rest. Seriously the best case scenario for that talent is a gimped version of rest. It's mind numbingly awful. Most talents suck and those two are near the top of the list. Other truly terrible talents include dangerous implement, envenomed strike, interrupting blows, hold the line, graceful retreat, shot on the run, deep pockets and bloody slaughter which I think triggers on enemies with less than 10% endurance and that's not even getting into the awful class talents. So much for eliminating trap choices Obsidian.

• Like 4

@Shdy314 - Bloody Slaughter is solid due to the increase in crit damage multiplier, which IIRC actually applies to all crits. But yeah, the rest of the list nicely sums up all of the truly useless choices.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

@Shdy314 - Bloody Slaughter is solid due to the increase in crit damage multiplier, which IIRC actually applies to all crits. But yeah, the rest of the list nicely sums up all of the truly useless choices.

Well the description says ONLY THOSE crits (the converted ones) but if youre right then BS is very solid indeed. Or bugged.

I wouldn't take them at any value. Id just rest. Seriously the best case scenario for that talent is a gimped version of rest. It's mind numbingly awful. Most talents suck and those two are near the top of the list. Other truly terrible talents include dangerous implement, envenomed strike, interrupting blows, hold the line, graceful retreat, shot on the run, deep pockets and bloody slaughter which I think triggers on enemies with less than 10% endurance and that's not even getting into the awful class talents. So much for eliminating trap choices Obsidian.

If you could elaborate further on terrible talents I'll read intently and sacrifice a virgin in your name. I seem to have made some mistakes and would like to avoid further ones as I just started a PotD no-reload run.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Those were the universally awful ones. Then some are situational like pentrating shot or ok but not really good like the defense boosting ones. Then there are the few you always take depending on your class and if youre going to tank or dps.

If you will be using weapons then weapon focus(your weapon of choice) is boring as hell but +6 accuracy cant be passed up if youre dps. Same for marksman if ranged. Gunner if youre ranged but not with bows. Quick switch is for chain firing and goes well with arms bearer.

The elemental damage boosts are solid for wizards and druids. Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay and Secrets of Rime for wizards. Secrets of Rime and Heart of the Storm for druids.

I like fast runner paired with other movement boosters for kiting and positioning in rare cases the tank gets bypassed. Bonus spell is ok for levels 3 and 4. Not 1 and 2 as they become per encounter at high level.

For tanks weapon and shield style, cautious attack and superior deflection are mandatory.

There are some awful class talents and a few very good ones. Im not going to go over all 11 classes and their talents unless there's a specific one you had in mind.

• Like 1

"I wouldn't take them at any value. Id just rest."

resting is for lazy people who just spam  stuff without thought. i'd like to  play as long as can w/o resting - prferably only resting in between dungeon romps or when characters actually get tired.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Asinine statements like that are why Obsidian even put those stupid talents in the game. To shut up people that dont know what they are talking about. Nothing about those talents has anything to do with rest spam. Which is curtailed on PotD anyways which is what I play on. 2 camping supplies is plenty.

I do exactly what you are saying. Go as long possible without resting but travel times are long enough that even with middling athletics you have to rest soon after most trips from fatigue. You can clear most dungeons without resting depending on your party composition when youve got a few levels under your belt. Has NOTHING to do with the stupidity of these talents. It is a talent that does the same thing as resting but worse. You get 6 talents in the game. Taking them would be for lazy people that click on talents without thought. Youre ridiculous. Acting like youre tough or smart because you try not to use the rest function but then want a talent to do the same thing for you. Try not resting without the talent like us real players.

Edited by Shdy314
  • Like 1

Thanks. Yes, there are some more specific questions I have.

1) Why not Scion of Flame for druid? There are at least 2 fire spells I'm rather fond of, especially the level 5 bouncing one.

2) What would you take for a priest? Heal/buffbot, no offtanking aspirations.

3) I took Cautious Attack once, but it seemed I couldn't run it with Defender, do you switch between them? (or does Defender suck too?)

4) The defensive talents seem weird to me, like you can take +10 will or you can take +10 to every debuff that you will-save against anyway, how do you choose?

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

What are you babbling about?

Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks. Yes, there are some more specific questions I have.

1) Why not Scion of Flame for druid? There are at least 2 fire spells I'm rather fond of, especially the level 5 bouncing one.

2) What would you take for a priest? Heal/buffbot, no offtanking aspirations.

3) I took Cautious Attack once, but it seemed I couldn't run it with Defender, do you switch between them? (or does Defender suck too?)

4) The defensive talents seem weird to me, like you can take +10 will or you can take +10 to every debuff that you will-save against anyway, how do you choose?

Just PM me. Ive gone off topic enough.

Edited by Shdy314

you might want to think twice about envenomed strike.