some bugs I've found

Srex

Question

Hi, just wanted to report a number of bugs I've found, some of which are minor.  I'm providing a dropbox link to all the related files.  Dxdiag is in the root folder.  I know some of the issues are already reported, but I'm including whatever evidence I have on the off chance it's helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qvh8039k5tjmaag/AADOSp3Y4H42Os6FYokTX8yka?dl=0

Issue 1: raedric's hold crash, for me the game freezes every time I try to return to the chapel level.  last thing I did there was get the key from the main priest guy.  Included save and output.log

Issue 2: sometimes enemies in the back just stand there and don't attack, I've included a screenshot and save game, although I'm not sure how helpful they'll be.  Seems like a pathing issue.  Included screenshot and save, maybe you can get it to repro.  Was happening a lot in the dargul zone of od nua.  Eder the Invincible was apparently so frightening he held off the entire mass of them singlehandedly.

Issue 3: I ran into a random red enemy circle in od nua, in the screenshot the circle looks white because I've got it moused over, but when I walked into the room it was red.  I believe it disappeared when I reloaded the area.  The circle didn't move and I couldn't attack it, it just sat there.  I don't think it put me in combat, either.  Included screenshot and save.

Issue 4: One time after getting charmed, I had the selection circle disappear for a character.  I could still select them and move around normally.  The circle was restored when I reloaded, but I got a screenshot and save for you anyway.

Issue 5: the Stronghold UI is a bit buggy sometimes.  I've had all my hirelings show up as unpaid, even though I have tons of gold and I get the "hireling payday!" events where they all seem to be paid.  They never seem to leave or get angry or anything, the UI just says they're unpaid.  Both of my friends who also have the game had the same issue also, and neither of them seemed to have any negative consequences either.  I forgot to get a screenshot or save of this one, sorry.

Issue 6: Sometimes the stronghold actions don't match the bubble with the number in it on the left.  Like I only have one action listed when I click on that tab, but the UI is indicating there are three things.  Got a screenshot and save of that one.

Issue 7: The math for calculating days remaining in the stronghold UI looks like it's off by one.  I click on an improvement that takes two days, and then the UI says the time remaining is "1 day, 25 hours."  Included screenshot and save.

Issue 8: aumaua cloak not hanging properly, this one is already known?  Included screenshot, sorry no save.

Issue 9:  Durance the flagellant.  This one only happened once, and it was more funny than anything, but once in raedric's keep (on the walls, I think, the ones where the guard captain is, not the ones you get to by climbing the ivy), at the very end of a battle after the enemies were all dead, I heard a whacking sound and a grunt from someone taking damage, and saw in the combat log that durance had hit himself.  I got a screenshot, but no save or anything.

Issue 10: Once in the sanitarium, after I fought the flesh golems and the like, and I believe after I spoke with the angry administrator guy again, the rest of the enemies in the area were bugged out.  I'm sorry, I forgot to get a save, but I did get a screenshot.  Some of the wichts were standing there like scarecrows, and none of them appeared in the main prisoner area.  I reloaded and never had the issue again.  I also ran into the bug where if you kill the angry administrator guy, the entire upstairs goes hostile.  I forgot to actually get any evidence of either one of these, because I was worried my game was broken.  On my third try I spared the administrator, and everything else happened properly, and I completed the quest just fine.

Issue 11: I've also been running into the increasing save/load time issue.  When I first started playing I could quicksave in like 1.5 seconds, and loads were nearly as fast.  Now that I'm around 55 hours in, the saves take much longer, more like 5-6 seconds, and the loads are sometimes like 10 seconds.  Also on the main screen, sometimes the load and continue buttons have the little spinning cog next to them for a long time while they try to figure out what's what.  For 5-10 seconds, maybe?  I have an SSD, so things should be quick quick.  I have a total of 26 files in my saves folder, if that matters.

Issue 12: When an npc comes to the stronghold to sell me things (which has only happened twice, and the gloves guy both times... +1 dex gloves I think?  They had a fancy name), the stats of the item don't actually show up at first.  When I mouse over, the name is displayed but not what they do, and then when I click on them and see teh long explanation, it displays the name and all the flavor description, but not the stats.  After I close the info popup, the stats then show up in the tooltip, and if I re-open the info popup they appear there also.  Sorry, forgot to save any evidence of this one.

Issue 13: Every time an enemy charms one of my party, that person switches weapon sets.  Which really helps me out, because then my grim reaper fighter doesn't beat the **** out of my squishies, he just stands in melee with them and reloads his arbalest.  It does artificially make the game easier, though.  One of my friends said he had the same thing happen to him all the time as well.  I forgot to get any evidence of this one, sorry.  It happens every time I get charmed by a fampyr, spore thing, spider illithid, you name it.

Issue 14: At some point I was having npc voiced lines start halfway through a line.  Like, the text would be "hello srex, you are so sweet and set, I want to give you all my gold and daughters" but the audio would just play "all my gold and daughters."  It happened late at night a few days ago (maybe release night), so the details are a little fuzzy, but it was happening with at least Eder, and some non-companion NPCs.  It stopped, though, and I don't remember if I quit the game for the night, or reloaded, or what, but I've never run into the issue since.  Sorry, didn't save any evidence.

Additionally, I found the following things that might not actually be bugs:

1) od nua map initially appears centered on the middle levels, even if they aren't displayed, so the map is just focused on a blank piece of parchment, which had me confused for a bit.  it would also be nice to be able to zoom that map out a little bit, so it's easier to take everything in.

2) When casting a targeted spell that bounces (the cipher level 2 spell with the bouncing blade, forget what it's called), if the target dies while the projectile is in the air the blade will just disappear, rather than bounce to other targets anyway, effectively wasting the spell.

3) Sometimes during grieving mother dialogs, she's oddly quiet and I can't hear her over the background music.  This doesn't happen when I talk to other npcs, and her exclamations in combat and such are loud and clear.  I believe I ran into this in dyrford village?  I didn't get any evidence, because I thought it was an issue on my end at the time, but later I noticed I could hear her fine.  After listening to the soundtrack to try to remember the track, I believe it was either "pe-town-dyrford" or "pe-wilderness-dyrwood," with the latter being more likely.

Hope that's helpful.  Let me know if I can provide more infos or anything.

Edited by Srex
  • Like 3

8 answers to this question

Srex, all that info helps a ton - good finds, and every little bit of feedback, including issues that have already been reported/fixed, is much appreciated. Thanks!

As always, we'll try to swing by and keep y'all posted.

Jorge

• Like 2

"Issue 2: sometimes enemies in the back just stand there and don't attack, I've included a screenshot and save game, although I'm not sure how helpful they'll be.  Seems like a pathing issue.  Included screenshot and save, maybe you can get it to repro.  Was happening a lot in the dargul zone of od nua.  Eder the Invincible was apparently so frightening he held off the entire mass of them singlehandedly."

I noticed party members don't attack enemies a lot of the time. I stopped playing mostly because of the above issue and the super buffed party members bug. I never played any further to experience the rest of bugs.

Edited by McPartyson

Happy to help

edit: McPartyson - oh, I guess I've noticed that too, I think I just took it in stride because I'm so used to dealing with the pathing from the IE games, and I micro my party constantly, etc.  Seems like a general pathing issue that just affects everything

Edited by Srex

Additional Stronghold UI bug - if you save and quit game with somebody assigned to adventure, when you load, it will show up as unassigned (button to assign somebody will be available) while showing that somebody is assigned. If you press button entry disappears and adventure does not bug out. So it is just and UI bug.

Happy to help

edit: McPartyson - oh, I guess I've noticed that too, I think I just took it in stride because I'm so used to dealing with the pathing from the IE games, and I micro my party constantly, etc.  Seems like a general pathing issue that just affects everything

I wonder if it has something to do with custom formations or a maybe status effects? I remember seeing a post about buggy custom formations in here somewhere.

Oh, and I almost forgot, my friend found this one and made a video on his twitch channel to show me.  I didn't get a save or anything out of him.  He encountered it while in a cave following Durance's questline, if that matters.  He said this only happened once when he paused the game.  He was fighting merrily, paused, the drake started freaking out, he unpaused and it resumed its normal behavior.  The issue did not return when he paused again, it was just the one time.  He was unable to reproduce the issue, although he did try.

Issue 15: drake on svef.  http://www.twitch.tv/ukju/c/6428877

McPartyson - Maybe, but I don't think so in my case, because I use the default formation.  For me I think it tends to happen when my melee characters are immediately behind a ranged character, like almost touching, they act as though they're path blocked.  if I manually move them to the side a little bit, then they'll run up and fight.

• Like 1