First I wanted to know if this was even viable on Hard, or if Paladin should only be a pure tank.

If not, what is the best DPS Pally? I'm thinking 2H specialization, starting off with a Arqueblast flame shot, and then switching to 2H and using that switch time for my Tank to get melee aggro.

Whats a good stat spread and Paladin style.

Ill tell you 1 i did for testing, and a pick xD

Get an amauma or well ... im sure i wrote it wrong .. xD (the one with bonus against knock down)

21 10 18  9 10 10 goes well , you can change the 3 last ones .. for example i will drop the int and get it at 3, and do a 21 10 18 10 3 16 , probably the best will be 21 10 18 18 3 8 but you will need to use some item to get your will saves up (about mid game you will found some mind controll monsters)

get Goldpact Knights.

for talents and skills.

The acuracy aura

The flame sword skill (dump the lay of hands)

two handed weapon stile

scion of flame +20% fire damage

Intense Flames

Enduring Flames – only for Goldpact Knights.

for weapon focus i will say get the one of estocs (the two handed with dr reduction)

there is one talent for marking targets 3 per day that gives you +25 % damage agains the marked or something like that.

there is another talent that gives you -attack speed and + damage, modal, but im not sure if you can use it at the same time as the aura, save before level and test it.

and then get one o +2 to all saves and the ones that give bonus killing enemies

Enchant your weapon to do fire damage ...

And i think thats enought for starting .. (if you have a chanter in your party there is a chant of +25 fire damage per hit that is really strong)

Extra notes:

You can also dump con if you manage to survive and change it for more deflection as 21 4 18 18 3 14.. or 21 4 18 15 10 10 . Its really your choice ...

same with armor, not armor gives you + attack speed but since you are mele you probably need a good one ... what one ? your choice ... + armor = - attack speed.

I use the heaviest one with mine but i want my 2 melee chars (tank and paladin) to be able to survive a few hits.

PD: sorry for my bad english xD

If you go a little crazy you can get 2-3 swords and enchant them to slay .. 1 for killing kith, 1 for killing beast .. 1 for undeads ... (yes is a little crazy, but you can do it, the slayer bonus is really good)

w9bqzd.jpg

Edited by Arctic

Almost every weapon proficiency set has a two hander, one hander and ranged options it, so you can pick. I guess the one with the weapon you most like it is the best one. I can confirm that both great swords and estocs of great power can be bought in game (maybe found, but I bought Pell a two hander that I enchanted up to 12/12 that she just goes crazy with), and there is this beautiful estoc that would make a great weapon except I don't use anyone with that weapon type in my party.

Bottom line, because the proficiencies include a one handed and two handed weapon you can off tank, switching to a one hander and shield when necessary.

How does Enduring Flames spell talent work ? I mean does the damage of the dot depend on the amount of fire damage you make (with all the other talent's additions) ? Also does it benefit from Intellect ? (lasts longer = more damage). 

How does Enduring Flames spell talent work ? I mean does the damage of the dot depend on the amount of fire damage you make (with all the other talent's additions) ? Also does it benefit from Intellect ? (lasts longer = more damage). 

I think how dots work right now is that they do a set amount of damage (ie 20 over 3 seconds (not per second)) so Int actually hurts it by increasing the time it takes to do the same amount of damage. At least, that's what's been reported for some spells in the bug forum.

I think how dots work right now is that they do a set amount of damage (ie 20 over 3 seconds (not per second)) so Int actually hurts it by increasing the time it takes to do the same amount of damage. At least, that's what's been reported for some spells in the bug forum.

not exactly, what it does if it sais 10 damage over 10 seconds (if you read the code itself) is 1 damage per tic, and 10 tics. so if you have +20% duration from int , it does 12 tics, and 12 total damage.

Edited by Arctic

I would say that the paladin won't make the best DPS or even the best tank but it's definitely a strong option for either of these. As someone suggested, going for might and dex would be the proper way of building a DPS paladin. Alternatively, focusing on resolve and perception would make a good tank.

Great post Arctic! I wanna go DPS Paladin as well for my second playthrough.

I will be going Bleak Walkers though, mainly for RP reasons, I wanna be a cruel person and doing the bad stuff in quests etc. :D (I was very benevolent in my first playthrough).

Your attribute distribution is nice, will use it. Doesn't Bleak Walkers have a dmg buff as well to flames of devotion?

Any paladin with max might and dex using a reach weapon from second row will be a good DPS paladin.

Seriously, this is about all the information you need.

Max might and dexterity for damage. Put the rest of your points wherever you please; constitution for more health, perception for more deflection, and intelligence for a larger aura. Grab a two-hander and go to town. Wear whatever armor you feel most comfortable with.

I will be going Bleak Walkers though, mainly for RP reasons, I wanna be a cruel person and doing the bad stuff in quests etc. :D (I was very benevolent in my first playthrough).

Your attribute distribution is nice, will use it. Doesn't Bleak Walkers have a dmg buff as well to flames of devotion?

fir what i saw black waters can be the best one, you just need to find that 50% corrode lash weapon ... i swear i dont know were the hell it is xD (its a two handed sword)   and you need to get the 20% extra corrode damage ... or the corrode and fire ones if you want even mor damage xDDD

since it does ..

weapon +50% corrode +20%bonus

or with flames

weapon +50% corrode +50% fire +25% fire +25% corrode +20% bonus at corrode (or at both if you get both talents)

add slaying against kith or beast for optimal result :) i even thought on geting multiple slayer talents ... xD

Edited by Arctic

fir what i saw black waters can be the best one, you just need to find that 50% corrode lash weapon ... i swear i dont know were the hell it is xD (its a two handed sword)   and you need to get the 20% extra corrode damage ... or the corrode and fire ones if you want even mor damage xDDD

since it does ..

weapon +50% corrode +20%bonus

or with flames

weapon +50% corrode +50% fire +25% fire +25% corrode +20% bonus at corrode (or at both if you get both talents)

add slaying against kith or beast for optimal result :) i even thought on geting multiple slayer talents ... xD

Sounds great :D Getting even more stoked to play it. But first finish my first playthrough haha.

I already made a Death Godlike Bleak Walkers Paladin. Death Godlike seemed fitting :D And their passive isn't too bad either for a DPS paladin! (extra dmg on enemies with low endurance).

Sounds great :D Getting even more stoked to play it. But first finish my first playthrough haha.

I already made a Death Godlike Bleak Walkers Paladin. Death Godlike seemed fitting :D And their passive isn't too bad either for a DPS paladin! (extra dmg on enemies with low endurance).

low endurance ? kill them in one hit ! xDDDD  (6% extra damage from amauma is better , 2 might you know ... xd )

low endurance ? kill them in one hit ! xDDDD  (6% extra damage from amauma is better , 2 might you know ... xd )

Yeah I guess :) But I'm not a total min-maxer, as long as my character is pretty decent AND fits in my RP choice its much more fun for me :)

I like making good builds but they don't have to be PERFECT mechanics-wise.

Edited by Slish

Yeah I guess :) But I'm not a total min-maxer, as long as my character is pretty decent AND fits in my RP choice its much more fun for me :)

I like making good builds but they don't have to be PERFECT mechanics-wise.

dead godlikes are just too ugly for me ... i cant think of a sexy dead godlike girl xDD