We can hate the devs instead ;) I tend to agree with the notion that these gloves should be considered essential thus not subject to RNG. Where they are is fine imo in sense that getting there requires planning/effort/choices to make.

Edited by knownastherat

Well it's def not RNG if you know lol. It's always there on 17th of any month.

Let me put it differently then. In my opinion the said gloves should be guaranteed drop/loot without hassle for players as they play important role in several game mechanics. Player can reload, delete or even spawn the gloves from console. The point is .. why? Why player just cannot come and pick them up? Granted there are some obstacles to overcome first. One  reason.  

Edited by knownastherat
  • Like 2

Why waste time trying to job the game? Just cut to the chase and use the console to spawn them in:

AddItem gloves_of_manipulation 1

I copied this command directly into my console and it said "No command or script 'AddItem' Accepting 2 parameters exists"

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Why waste time trying to job the game? Just cut to the chase and use the console to spawn them in:

I copied this command directly into my console and it said "No command or script 'AddItem' Accepting 2 parameters exists"

I think you either need to be running IE Mod or else have used the iroll20s command (which disables achievements on Steam) first in order to use that console command. Is either of those things true for you?

I think you either need to be running IE Mod or else have used the iroll20s command (which disables achievements on Steam) first in order to use that console command. Is either of those things true for you?

Neither, how do I mod it? (I do not want to loose steam achievements) Thanks!

6ej155.jpg

There's a website for the mod here, but it's not kept up to date. There's a link from that page to the Nexus Mods page for IE Mod that is kept up to date. Installation is as simple as finding the right directory and unzipping some files. That site also has a separate page (link in the upper left) that goes over the various console commands it enables and how to use them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect the location or something has changed since the 1.05 patch because on day 17, the gloves are no longer there--at least for me. Could someone else test this out?

Are you on the 17th day of the month (e.g. 17 Fonprima when you mouse over the time at the bottom of the screen) or on Day 17 of the game (i.e. what is shown on your saved game)? I ask because the Gloves were only there on the former, and I made the mistake at first of thinking it was the latter.

I suspect the location or something has changed since the 1.05 patch because on day 17, the gloves are no longer there--at least for me. Could someone else test this out?

Are you on the 17th day of the month (e.g. 17 Fonprima when you mouse over the time at the bottom of the screen) or on Day 17 of the game (i.e. what is shown on your saved game)? I ask because the Gloves were only there on the former, and I made the mistake at first of thinking it was the latter.

It's day 17 on the center clock thing in the UI. This is on the first month too.

I loaded up an old save for a game that was started while 1.05 was in beta (I'm not sure which iteration) in Raedric's on the 15th, slept a couple days, and the gloves still spawned there (the locked chest in Raedric's study) on the 17th.

But my very first playthrough I found them in the dungeon cell across from that guy (not sure what day because why would I pay attention to that?) and they absolutely did not spawn in that location on my last play through of that area (the one started during 1.05 beta) for any day of the month.

So the precedent exists for possible spawn locations changing, this is certain, but as to when and why? It is real mystery. They should probably just take the gloves out of the game (for lulz if nothing else). Or alternatively, add an npc vendor that sells nothing but gloves of manipulation. Either stupid, hyperbolic response would be fine with me.

• Like 1

I'd like to clear up a few things for people, as I just did some testing thanks to the misleading "always the 17th!" info:

There is no universally guaranteed spawn date when these gloves will show up in a particular container. Not everyone will find them on the 17th, or the 19th, or whenever. I haven't tested enough to say that the gloves will definitely be on a loot list for any particular container, however, it does seem like they are. For the game I tested on, they showed up on the 15th of every month in the container on Raedric's desk, and only on the 15th.

The loot spawned is based on the day of the month, not the game day or hour (e.g. Day 47, Hour 9) or a set repeating pattern (e.g. every 20th day.) The daily loot list is not altered by weird mini-months, such as the 3-day long Summer Rising holiday. Those 3 days of Summer Rising will have the same loot spawns as the first 3 days of a regular 20-day month, and the daily loot spawns will remain the same for the following regular 20-day month.

Loot is "set in stone" based on the particular day of the month that the container is opened. Not, for example, the day you first load a map. This means that you can rest between opening chests on the same map to score loot from different days on the loot list. You can loot Raedric's desk chest on 15th, and the bedroom chest on the 16th, and get the loot on the specific container's list from the 15th and 16th days, respectively.

My testing was done by snoozing in Nedmar's room, as I had already kill Osrya in the game I was testing. For future games, the best bet would likely be to NOT peek in the secret stash in the prison cell, choose conversation options that let you snooze with Osrya, and then  "map out" the daily loot lists for the secret stash, Raedric's desk chest, and the bedroom chest by resting a day at a time.