"The Man Who Waits" - Azo attacking you ruins quest

Xel

Question

Hi - so I don't know if this is intentional or not, but if so, it's really bad and will make me lose 15 hours of gameplay so I don't screw up the quest.

During The Man Who Waits, I talked to Theos. Then, after the cutscene and fighting my way through some guys, I talked to Azo and told him I wasn't going to keep silent about his experiments. He attacked me.

Now, when I go upstairs, everyone in the room attacks me, I lose a ton of reputation, and I can't talk to Ethelmoer - he says "you've done enough". I really stupidly don't have a save anywhere close to this point and quicksaved AFTER killing Azo, so I'm going to have to go back 15 hours if there's no way to fix this. I'm willing to put in whatever console commands necessary to fix it, I don't care about achievements.

Please help!

Savegame is here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1zZ4oCxO7eU0pxVzNpYi0yZVE/edit?pli=1

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Till now I don't read a helpful workaround. Keep this thread in sight

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72139-possible-bug-in-sanitarium/

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

I have the same problem albeit it went a little differently.

1) I go to the kid in North ward (Uscgrim) and I talk with his soul/whatever

2) conversation ends, purple light shoots out of him into the closest flesh golem, and chains to 2 more down the halfway

3) fight starts with the flesh creatures and ward patients (gram, ilmeman etc. ), uscgrim is dead

4) I proceed to the big room with patients and wights attack me instead

5) I go down the south hallway to Azo and choose to kill him

6) I go back to the mess hall (where the wights where) and now there are bugged NPCs (stuck mid animation)

7) kill some more flesh golems

8 )go back to the section with the Valirian animancer and 2 other animancer NPCs (they are NOT hostile)

9) go back up the stairs and everyone is hostile in the Sanitarium (guards, backer NPCs etc.). Ruins my reputation in the city

Do we have a solution?

Edited by Luj1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

The worst part for me was the Raedric's Hold crash. Had to edit my savegame with WinRAR.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

You can sneak passed the upstairs without killing more than 1 guy with only a small amount of stealth. (The one guy won't make you lose reputation either because noone will see you kill him) Just walk 1 character at a time to the exit in stealth.

Just a work-a-round I used to avoid the reputation hit.

Though a fix from Obsidian would be nice.

----

Edited by Nokturnal Lex
  • Like 1