All these Bugs... something went wrong compiling the final package?!

iSiggi

Question

Hi all,

reading all these topics and encountering gamebreaking bugs myself (I am stuck with an invisible companion) I am wondering if something went wrong with the final install package we received?!

To be honest, I cannot see how the game got all these fantastic reviews with all these game breaking bugs. Also, as I am playing the German version, it is obvious there are A LOT of issues regarding translation, not only the general quality of the translation but also obvious data mapping errors (i.e. item names are filled with item attributes "stat +2"). I saw no German review mentioning these issues (not saying I read all of them :geek: ).

What I really would like to see is some kind of reaction from Obsidian regarding all these major bugs... also: HOTFIX!

Any opinions?

Edited by iSiggi

6 answers to this question

Hi all,

reading all these topics and encountering gamebreaking bugs myself (I am stuck with an invisible companion) I am wondering if something went wrong with the final install package we received?!

To be honest, I cannot see how the game got all these fantastic reviews with all these game breaking bugs. Also, as I am playing the German version, it is obvious there are A LOT of issues regarding translation, not only the general quality of the translation but also obviously data mapping errors (i.e. item names are filled with item attributes "stat +2"). I saw no German review mentioning these issues (not saying I read all of them :geek: ).

What I really would like to see is some kind of reaction from Obsidian regarding all these major bugs... also: HOTFIX!

Any opinions?

there where several fast reactions yesterday, and they work on the problems, but i hope for a Bugfix too.

I am sure they are working on it (thanks, Obsidian!), but I couldn't find attempts to explain all these really big bugs people are encountering. Would be great if they could respond in a blog post (if they did, please link it for me!).

Anyways, it is obviously a great game... unfortunately I cannot play it :/

Edited by iSiggi

I haven't seen a single game release where there aren't a seemingly large number of bugs reported. This game isn't unusual in that regard (and I daresay it's a lot better than many I've seen). Once a game is released into the wild and you go from (assuming a beta period) a few thousand computer configurations to tens or hundreds of thousands, there are bound to be things crop up that were not discovered by QA and beta testers. Honestly, from my experience, the bug reports for this one are fairly minimal compared to a lot of other games.

Edited by Ink Blot

I haven't seen a single game release where there aren't a seemingly large number of bugs reported. This game isn't unusual in that regard (and I daresay it's a lot better than many I've seen). Once a game is released into the wild and you ho from (assuming a beta period) a few thousand computer configuration to tens or hundreds of thousands, there are bound to be things crop up that were not discovered by QA and beta testers. Honestly, from my experience, the bug reports for this one are fairly minimal compared to a lot of other games.

totally agree, nonetheless, i really would love to be able to play it after the tutorial. i´m happy for all of you who can play it, but originally i wanted to spend the last days of my holiday with PoE...

I totally agree Ink Blot, as a passionate gamer I've seen worse.

But the overall number of bugs wasn't my cocern, it is more related to total showstoppers (have to think hard to name games that were not playable at all at launch... besides D3 ;))... just curious how these went unnoticed.

Let's just hope for a quick patch.