Possible Bug in Sanitarium

teh_elgee

Question

I played through, got attacked by the baddies, and confronted Azo again. Told him i was gonna turn him in, and he attacked me.

Once I left the basement, the guards and NPCs were hostile to me. I suspect that's not supposed to happen.

• Like 2

After running into this bug as i described earlier in the thread I have to recommend that you guys just move on with your game like I did.  You don't end up having to go back there much and soon enough you're on your way.  Don't let the sanitarium bring you down, just kill the one guard and sneak out and keep on trucking friends

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll carry on then. Although I really wanted to see what's the story behind the strange chest on the lower level. Guess I'll check it on a 2nd playthrough.

I've just encountered this bug, but luckily I do have a save from right before I spoke to Azo for the first time.

But, reading through this thread, I'm not sure if a consistent way to avoid the bug has been found. Is it enough to kill all the constructs before returning to Azo, or are you still screwed if the constructs kill the guard before you reach them?

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

Just to update, this gamebreaking bug was overlooked entirely in today's patch (1.03)

Unfortunately this leaves me to wait on the next patch and hope it gets fixed somehow then, since the only save games I have are after the fight with Azo.

I experienced this bug and just carried on with my game. Unfortunately, it is now proving problematic because I need to talk to someone in the Sanitarium to complete another quest (Clandestine Cargo). This person attacks me on sight, however, making completion of the side quest impossible. 

I am hoping this bug can be retroactively fixed in the next patch since the completionist in me is weeping. 

I think, it would be advisible at least, to maybe close the door behind you, as you enter the patient ward, and generally go about your business, closing doors behind you. That'll prevent the unnecessary killing of the quest npcs that you need to go back for. I ended up going through the questline and I closed the door behind me as I entered the north ward, and pulled the two golems from outside into the north ward...afterwards in tight pulls, and it seemed to avoid most of the crazy hostile crap.

The patients inside the north ward, I RP'd as an unavoidable loss. They were crazed and corrupted by Usegrim's manipulations of Azo, in my brain. And poor Graham..he needed to be released from his torment. I got the quest complete, prior to 1.03...and the lead-in to Hazgut House. I think the quest structure might need to be made more player proof.

I think the presence of flesh golems in the general patient populace might be causing the issues, maybe?

I'll have to test it more.

I just ran into pretty much this situation, only it was a bit delayed--I got out of the Sanitarium fine when I did the main quest there (killed Azo and several wichts, spoke to the statue on the way out). When I went back in to speak to Nans about the Ondra's Gift sceptre I somehow missed her on the ground floor (and everyone was non-hostile at this point, I should add), so I went down to the basement and ran into a couple of hostile Flesh Constructs, which I dispatched. When I went back upstairs, everyone was hostile and I had to kill the guard next to the stairwell and sneak past everyone else to get out.

Can confirm bug, ran into it myself not 10 minutes ago. I hadn't killed all the constructs and talked to Azo, slew him when he disliked me snitching, then proceeded to kill the rest of the constructs. Patients and guards were there, but kinda bugged, non-animated. Saw one of the constructs attacking one of the bugged guards. The guarded room with the wraiths was open and the kids were in the same state, standing there, doing nothing, not interactable. I took Demoliri's way and killed the guard nearest the stairs, then snuck out.

Same here (current version 526):

* After the attack all of the patrons and hollowborn where unanimated, standing absolutely eerie still with no animation. It's rather hard to see on screenshots (:/), though the dead guard still standing up (he wasn't defending himself) and the T-pose Hollowborn should give a bit of an indication what happened. After reloading (many times with 20+ crashes, I feared this had messed up my savegames 0_o) they got animated again, the guard replaced by goods, and the hollowborn gone.

2015_04_04_00047.jpg

2015_04_04_00048.jpg

Also have a savegame already upstairs with everyone hostile, and one downstairs (but reading from this thread, already too late):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fjfv3hv8r2mo4k/Pillars%20of%20Eternity.rar?dl=0

For now I guess I will just murder the entire upper level and deal with the rep-loss. Already finished the Sceptre quest fortunately.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

After running into this bug as i described earlier in the thread I have to recommend that you guys just move on with your game like I did.  You don't end up having to go back there much and soon enough you're on your way.  Don't let the sanitarium bring you down, just kill the one guard and sneak out and keep on trucking friends

Can you talk with the statue? Outside of sanitarium city guards aren't hostile I presume?

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

So without reading all the four pages of posts, if I had this bug, killed everyone upstairs, I'm pretty much screwed unless loading a save before that incident? Maybe just letting this quest unfinished untill some more patches came out?

That's ridiculous.

After coming across several more bugs today I really regret spending money on this game.

You can bash me now for not waiting several month, because I know I can't expect a finished game by release because of Skyrim and Obsidian is cool and that's just common, bla bla bla.

Nope, you can simply play further... in my case the quest was finished aswell, even if I couldn't confirm with the statue.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think I figured it out.

I went through the dialogue with Uscgrim. Killed the flesh golems and patients in the North Ward. Went outside. Killed two more which were in the hallway. Went to Azo and killed him too.

At this point I made a save game.

Then I went to the upper floor. No one was hostile, everything was normal, and I was able to talk with the Head warden.

Out of curiosity, I reloaded. I cleared the rest of the basement. Had 2 more flesh golems to kill near the room holding the wights. Then I went back up and everyone was hostile.

This leads me to believe one of those flesh golems in the western quadrant is responsible for this. Im not 100% sure but Im gonna test it again and take screenshots.

PS  alternative solution. Make a save at the staircase. If they are hostile upstairs, reload and delete the .fog and .lvl files of the Sanitarium main floor. Those is compressed inside your savegame. This will restart the upper floor which includes any loot, NPCs and the fog of war. But it shouldn't mess up any quest triggers. Its how I bypassed the Raedric's Hold issue (i.e. kitchen crash). Haven't tried it myself but its worth a shot. Cheers.

Edited by Gfted1
Edited at user request.
  • Like 1

~ Kaine

Ok, this is the one that did it for me. If you are wondering why there are patients around (they are supposed to flee the scene) its because I have already completed the quest without the upper floor going hostile, and I left some flesh golems alive.

gt0UoML.jpg

I did not get this bug, and I went around and killed every flesh construct before going up, however.

That's weird. Well, I hope this will at least help *some* people regardless

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

I did not get this bug, and I went around and killed every flesh construct before going up, however.

Had the warden give you any EXP? I received none after talking with him. And my quest is greyed out in the journal i.e. completed. Just checking if that's normal.

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

This is how my journal log looks like after all that.

1dgwgEL.jpg

Btw its greyed out in the journal incase you cant tell due to the cursor and greenish hue obscuring it.

TXZgFfh.jpg

Is yours the same sparklecat?

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

heading out of the Sanitarium gave me the next step

Which was?

~ Kaine

K just checking whether I messed something up.

~ Kaine