Review Keys? Review Embargo?

Part of me wonders what it matters in the slightest. Only because you and I and several tens of thousand others have already paid in full for this product and our money has, I speculate, already been spent. At this point what anyone else thinks of the game should be only our concern when pondering whether or not there will be a sequel.

That said, it is only a part of me that wonders. Now, I interest myself on this topic as well.

At this point what anyone else thinks of the game should be only our concern when pondering whether or not there will be a sequel.

Yeah your are right.

Reviews and sales number have nothing to do with future projects in the Pillars Universe or other games by Obsidian.

On other news the sun has nothing to do with light and heat.

At this point what anyone else thinks of the game should be only our concern when pondering whether or not there will be a sequel.

Yeah your are right.

Reviews and sales number have nothing to do with future projects in the Pillars Universe or other games by Obsidian.

On other news the sun has nothing to do with light and heat.

I don't think you read what I wrote correctly. To paraphrase what I wrote: how the game is received only really matters to us in estimations of the long-term longevity of the game. To which, you wrote a post indignantly pointing out that sales matter in estimations of the long-term longevity of the game. With that sentiment, I whole-hearted agree and wonder how you ever managed to come to such an insightful analysis of the material. I mean, it is the only part of my post you quoted, so you have that serendipity in your favour.

I whole-hearted agree and wonder how you ever managed to come to such an insightful analysis of the material. I mean, it is the only part of my post you quoted, so you have that serendipity in your favour.

You are right again.

For you I quote the rest.

Part of me wonders what it matters in the slightest. Only because you and I and several tens of thousand others have already paid in full for this product and our money has, I speculate, already been spent.

and

That said, it is only a part of me that wonders. Now, I interest myself on this topic as well.

7l9iy4cbku.jpg

Brandon Adler wrote something to the effect that review keys were sent out about 2 weeks prior to the release date.

Thank you.

In this case it wouldn't surprise me if we get reviews at the end of the week

Edited by rftl

Brandon Adler wrote something to the effect that review keys were sent out about 2 weeks prior to the release date.

if so then we can expect reviews soon because many like to be the "first" to review

Well, it's kinda their ass on the line if someone else gets to it first.

It is possible. There is a fix I would like to get them this morning, but we need to do some testing before I can push it live to them. As for the wider array of fixes we have been making since we locked the reviewer build... maybe or maybe not. We will probably be more focused on locking down the day one patch the rest of this week, but once we do so, we could update their builds with the changes.

• Like 1

They aren't under pressure from a publisher to have day 1 reviewers up to boost week 1 sales. I expect mostly impressions writes up on the day of release.

It's important for media to have reviews as close to the release day as possible, otherwise people will look elsewhere for information.

• Like 1

They aren't under pressure from a publisher to have day 1 reviewers up to boost week 1 sales. I expect mostly impressions writes up on the day of release.

It's important for media to have reviews as close to the release day as possible, otherwise people will look elsewhere for information.

Having impressions does the same job as a review.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Having impressions does the same job as a review.

Regardless of semantics, reviews are exposure.